Watch the trailer
What is it about?
If you couldn’t tell, the app takes some major inspiration from the movie “Inception” and brings a big dose of surrealism to both videos and images.
App Store Description
Create surreal Inception-like videos by choosing from a collection of reality distortion effects and color looks – all with live camera preview. Or take captivating stills using the same effects and looks, both in standard or square format. You’ll be surprised how easy and inspring it is!
• Record video or take photos with effects and looks added in real time.
• Choose between 33 reality bending distortion effects.
• Choose between 36 beautiful color looks for both video and stills.
• Shoot, edit and export videos and photos in both standard and square format.
• Slow-motion feature.
• Import and add effects and looks to videos and photos created with other apps.
• Non destructive re-editing of any effect or look for both videos and photos.
• Full 4K video support (iPhone 7 and later).
Check out our App Store video or find lots of user created examples at
Share your own creations to #nceptionapp on Instagram.
There's also a new link to Instagram #nceptionapp under "INSPIRATION".
••• Frequently Asked Questions •••
• How do I switch to the front "selfie" camera?
In "VIDEO" or "PHOTO" mode, just press the camera selector "1x/2x/front" icon until the front camera is selected.
• Why can’t I find my Nception videos or photos in my iPhone Library?
All Nception videos and photos are stored within the Nception app under “MY NCEPTIONS” to prevent clutter and to make them re-editable without quality loss. You can export them to your iPhone Library by selecting the “MY NCEPTIONS” view, select video and just tap the download icon with the down arrow on it.
• Can I import images and videos with custom resolutions?
Yes, you can. This also works for pictures that you have cropped or edited within the iPhone's native library.
• Why is there no audio in my Nception video?
30 fps Nception videos are always recorded with audio. However, the sound is muted by default. You can enable audio for any previously recorded video in the “MY NCEPTIONS” view. Just select your silent video, tap the pencil icon to edit, and then tap on the speaker icon to turn the audio on.
• How do I remove a color look?
Choose your video in “MY NCEPTIONS”, tap edit (the pencil icon), tap the color looks icon and then the reset icon “/“.
• How do I activate slow motion recording?
In the “VIDEO” view, just tap the frame rate icon (30/60/120) to select your preferred recording frame rate. The higher the frame rate while recording, the slower the video will appear when played back. Nception videos are always played back and exported at 30 frames per second, which makes a 60 fps recording run half as fast when played back, and consequently 120 fps one fourth as fast. This also applies to imported videos.
• Does Nception support 4K video?
Nception supports 4K in-app video recording at 30 fps on iPhone 7 and later. You can switch between HD and 4K in the "VIDEO" section.
• Can I backup or clear my Nception Library?
You can access all your original Nception-photos and videos if you connect your iPhone with iTunes. Copy them to any folder you like for backup - or delete them if you want a fast way to clear your Nception Library. Every Nception consists of three files, starting with the same file name, so just make sure you select all three of them before backup or deletion. And as always, make sure to back up your iPhone before deleting anything.
• Will there be more distortion filters, color looks and other features anytime soon?
Absolutely! We’re constantly updating Nception with new features and enhancements.
Feel free to send us suggestions or any questions at [email protected]
/The Nception Team
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.