Watch the trailer
Create smart notes on the fly. Notability lets users create multimedia notes: these can include traditional text (boring!), or you can get a little more adventurous through the addition of drawings and even sound recordings. The end result? A living, breathing note that can record far more information than you might get using pen and paper. It's the perfect classroom companion.
Make it pretty, delete it when you're done. Notability lets users change the background of their individual notes, and you can easily delete the note itself once you're finished with it (though, for lesson notes, keeping an archive might be a smarter move). There is also a comprehensive selection of app settings for users to consider and tweak in Notability, too. Notability is your digital notebook, so make it yours.
Don't type -- draw! In class, there are times when you might want to record concepts, diagrams, or charts without typing away on the iOS keyboard. Drawing or even using Notability's microphone is the way to go when these kinds of situations arise. Of course, your drawings and sound recordings are embedded into the note itself, meaning everything is maintained together in one single place.
What is it about?
The biggest addition in the update involves handwriting. You can now search handwritten notes from the Library and within a specific note.
For those who...
- Need a powerful and comprehensive note-taking app
- Need images and audio in their notes
Not for those who...
- Just want basic notes
- Don't need fancy audio or images
Why we love it
Notability has a ton of powerful features and tools to make note-taking a breeze.
Notability is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Bring ideas to life with Notability! Download for free and enjoy the powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking experience. You will quickly see why we’re Apple Editor’s Choice!
Notability is as versatile as you. Jot down thoughts, import & annotate textbooks, sync your notes with audio, or sketch your next masterpiece. Whether you’re a student, professional, or hobbyist—you’ll find all the tools you need.
MORE THAN PAPER AND PEN
• Write on a variety of paper templates with customizable spacing and backgrounds.
• Take notes with multi-media tools like pencil, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Mark up textbooks, documents, lecture slides, assignments, or images.
• Clean up calculations with Math Conversion technology.
• Search anything in your notes, including handwriting and imported documents.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Write with the most lifelike, vector-based digital pencil on the market.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the most responsive, precise writing experience (compatible with Apple Pencil & Logitech Crayon).
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• All your notes in one place! Always keep notes with you, without the weight, hassle, or paper waste.
• Organize notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
NEVER MISS A THING WITH AUDIO PLAYBACK
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings with audio recording, synced to your notes.
• Tap anywhere (in playback mode) to see your note come to life in real-time.
EASILY SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas full-screen without distracting toolbars.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
MULTI-TASK WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, and images between notes.
IMPORT, ANNOTATE, AND SHARE
• Import and mark-up PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Easily create searchable PDFs using built-in Document Scan.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and formatting options.
FIND AND SHARE INSPIRATION
• Publish your notes for the world to see in the Notability Gallery.
• Browse notes from the community, search topics, save favorites, and download templates!
Download Notability for free on iPad, Mac, and iPhone and enjoy Notability with limited editing and features.
Unlock the premium, unlimited note-taking experience with an annual Notability subscription. Subscribers get:
• Unlimited edits, Auto-Backup support, and iCloud sync.
• MyScript Handwriting Recognition and Math Conversion technology.
• Premium content like academic planners and more!
Subscription auto-renews unless canceled, and will be charged via Apple iTunes account on an annual basis. Prices vary by location. You can manage your subscription in account settings after purchase. Family Sharing is not supported.
For technical assistance reach our team at email@example.com. Visit notability.com or connect with us @notabilityapp on social.
Terms of Service: https://notability.com/terms
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and your information will be removed.