Your PDF library. PDFpen 2 provides iOS device owners with a mini-library of all of their important PDF files. These can sync between iOS devices using iCloud, or you can activate a "sync folder" in a cloud service like Dropbox, and have changes sync with the service as you edit and change documents. No matter what device you're using, your PDFs will always be available no matter where you go.
Correct text, make highlights. You can engage with the text of your PDFs directly in PDFpen 2. For instance, you can highlight words or sentences which stand out as important, or you can even correct text in PDFs that is incorrect. If your PDF has a form built into it, you can complete that form using PDFpen 2 on your iOS device. It's never been easier to deal with PDF forms thanks to your iOS devices.
Print and share. You can also print or share your documents using email. Printing can be executed using Apple's AirPrint protocol. Plus, a range of other options are also available to activate in PDFpen 2's settings (like TextExpander support, for instance). It's an all-round essential app when you have to deal with PDF files in the office.
What is it about?
PDFpen 2 is the latest iteration of the powerful PDF editing software from Smile. The app has a slick interface that is rather easy to navigate and use. Just get those PDFs in to PDFpen 2 from iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, Photo Library, and other sources. Then you can easily view them or take action on them, such as highlighting important sections, mark up and edit what needs to be corrected, fill out sections, or even just sign it. Once you're done, you can just save it and send it off to where it needs to go. No fuss!
For those who...
- Work with PDFs on a daily basis
- Need to do a lot of things to PDFs
Not for those who...
- Don't work with PDFs
- Don't have to do much other than fill out and sign documents
Why we love it
It has a simple interface but packs quite a punch when it comes to features and tools.
App Store Description
Dependable and powerful, instantly view, draw, highlight, comment, fill and sign applications or contracts, make corrections, and much more effortlessly on your iPad or iPhone. Save time and secure the best editor for your PDF editing tasks.
“Plenty of iOS apps for reading PDFs are out there, but if you need to edit a PDF, PDFpen is the way to go.”—Macworld.com
“If you are looking for a workhorse app to handle your PDFs made by responsive developers, look no further than PDFpen.” —iPad Notebook
“A beautifully designed app that is full of sophisticated features.” —iPhone J.D.
- Quickly open PDF documents to read, search, and zoom
- Dark mode support
- View two documents simultaneously with multiple windows (iPadOS)
ANNOTATE AND EDIT
- Add highlights and freehand scribbles safely with wrist/palm protection
- Insert note and comment annotations
- Draw shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses, and polygons
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Import images from Photo Library
- Annotate with proofreading marks and stamps
- Add watermarks
- Automatic page numbering including Bates numbering
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
- Add text, images, and signatures to PDFs
- Fill out PDF forms, including specialized signature fields
CREATE, NAVIGATE, AND ORGANIZE
- Use the iOS Files interface to import/export and organize PDFs in folders
- Sidebar for thumbnail, annotation, & table of contents skimming
- Duplicate and rotate pages
- Add, delete, or rearrange pages
- Combine documents
- Select from a variety of paper styles for notes or other tasks
SYNC AND SHARE
- Sync and save documents in iCloud & Files-compatible apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneNote, for sharing between devices
- Email and Airdrop your documents, with an option to flatten documents for maximum compatibility
- Set a document password, which is required when opening your document, and even set the level of encryption
- Save frequently used images, signatures, objects, and text in the PDFpen Library for reuse
- Support for pressure-sensitive/Bluetooth styluses: Apple Pencil, FiftyThree Pencil, Adonit Bluetooth Stylus
Seamlessly continue PDF editing tasks on your Mac with PDFpen or PDFpenPro’s advanced features. PDFpen for Mac is available for $74.95. PDFpenPro is $124.95. Both require macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later. Demo versions are available at https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen.
Smile offers fast and friendly support. If you have any questions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us at https://smilesoftware.com/support/
About Smile: https://smilesoftware.com/company/about/
Smile Policy: https://smilesoftware.com/company/policies/
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.