What is it about?
Privacy Pro SmartVPN is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
- Device wide tracker protection, 2x faster page loads, reduced bandwidth, better battery life
- Easy to use firewall, block whatever you want
- Encrypt every DNS lookup your domain makes, to prevent tracking of your web history and app usage
Secure Mode encrypts all HTTP traffic (including in-app and background) to keep your sensitive data secure.
Why secure HTTP and DNS matter? Your device loads thousands of unsecured HTTP and DNS connections everyday. These unencrypted connections are vulnerable to legal and illegal collection of your sensitive information in transit. Our technology encrypts all your DNS and HTTP connections. We NEVER store or log any traffic routed through our servers and don’t track your IP address or any other personal info, except the info you volunteer.
Our Tracker Protection technology, integrated into many popular browsers including Firefox, is now available to block trackers that invisibly collect data inside all your apps and browsers. Pro blocks privacy invasive trackers across your entire device by setting a DNS in the SmartVPN that prevents tracking domains from connecting to your device. These trackers violate your privacy, slow page loads, and waste your bandwidth and battery life. Our tracker protection is solely focused on consumer privacy and we have a well defined policy, which you can view here: https://disconnect.me/trackerprotection. We are not an ad blocker and never accept money for whitelisting. In our Pro application you have full control of which trackers are blocked or unblocked.
Honored to be named favorite privacy tool in the New York Times in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and to win many awards, Disconnect offers simple to use and powerful protection.
- Proud to help protect over 50 million people
- Accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app 2016, 2017, 2018
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the Today Show, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Wired, and many more
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations including Consumer Reports, Mozilla, and the EFF
About Disconnect Pro:
- Encrypts insecure DNS and HTTP connections
- Utilizes servers in numerous geographic locations, auto-routing to the fastest location to improve speed and lower latency
- Blocks invisible tracking and next generation malware (malvertising) threats
- Allows you to actually see the trackers we block and connections we encrypt
- Accelerates page load speeds, reduces bandwidth, and extends battery life
- Empowers you to easily set your firewall preferences, block whatever domains you want
- Works on Wi-Fi and Cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc)
- Supports 32 and 64-bit devices
The free version of Disconnect Pro blocks trackers and encrypts your DNS through our SmartVPN and requires no subscription.
Our Secure Mode requires a subscription and encrypts all HTTP traffic on your device, which protects your sensitive details from unwanted surveillance.
Length: You can sign up for a 12 month subscription
Prices for subscriptions:
- 7-day free trial, free of charge, no commitment, cancel anytime
- Your Disconnect Pro subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account at purchase confirmation
- The monthly or annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
- You can manage your subscription and turn auto-renewal off in your Account Settings after purchase.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.