What is it about?
The app is designed for both beginners and baking experts. One of the most important parts is the recipe. And rise features a number of curated recipes. You can even customize a recipe’s weight, hydration, and yield before starting.
App Store Description
Rise is devoted to every aspect of making sourdough! It includes great recipes, makes planning & scheduling easy, and serves as a baking journal. Rise syncs across all of your iPhone and iPad devices and supports sharing recipes and photos with others.
Rise has everything you need to make sourdough for both beginners and experts alike. Beginners can use our easy to follow recipes and articles, while experts can use Rise’s powerful editing tools (baker’s percentages, hydration, scaling, and more) to perfect their bread.
When making a recipe, Rise helps you plan with a schedule overview from start to finish, so you know exactly when you'll perform each step at a glance. Schedule notifications alert you when it's time to complete each task. Rise even takes the guesswork out of fermentation by dynamically calculating bulk rise and proof times while making, using your dough's temperature and ingredients.
• Rise comes with fully tested sourdough recipes for both beginners and advanced bakers.
• Easily customize any recipe before making by adjusting weight, hydration, and yield.
CREATE YOUR OWN RECIPES
• Add your own recipes to Rise using its intuitive card-based interface.
• Ingredients can be adjusted by total weight, yield, or baker’s percentages.
• “Magic Hydration” keeps total weight and all other baker’s percentages the same while adjusting hydration.
• Each step card can have any number of tasks, timers, and other useful widgets.
SCHEDULING & MAKING
• Rise makes following a recipe’s schedule a breeze, and even handles multi-day recipes.
• The Overview screen shows a recipe’s entire schedule from start to finish.
• While making, get reminder notifications when it’s time to move to the next step or task, or when a timer is up.
• Use Magic Rise Time widgets to let Rise handle how long your bulk rise and proof steps should take, based on the temperature and ingredients of your dough. For proofing, you can even decide to refrigerate overnight.
• The schedule is flexible, so you can finish a step early, back up a step, or add more time if needed.
• The My Rises tab gives you a thorough history of your sourdough adventure, with each item representing one single baking experience (a loaf, crust, etc).
• Each rise has a Journal section for you to add notes and observations about each bake.
• Take photos of your process and the final product for sharing or browsing later.
• Share any rise or recipe you’ve made with others! Just turn on Sharing to get a short URL that you can share with friends or post online.
• The shared web page shows your ingredients, method, and photos, so you can share entire recipes with anyone! Others can import your recipe into Rise right from the same page.
Rise includes helpful articles and references for things like sourdough starter care, folding & shaping techniques, gear to get you started, and more.
Rise comes with some helpful utilities, including:
• Starter Feed Reminders: Get notified when it’s time to feed your starter.
• Rise Times: Calculate ideal rise times based on temperature, starter percentage, hydration, and salt content.
• Hydration: Calculate hydration (both baker’s and “true”) along with baker’s percentages for all ingredients.
• Unit Converter: Convert between weight and volume for common ingredient types.
• Rise Factor: Represents how much your bread rose while baking using a single number. Noting the rise factor for each loaf is a great way to track your improvement.
Seamlessly sync across all your iPad & iPhone devices, including when making!
FREE & PAID OPTIONS
Rise is free with limited access to recipes and features. Unlock all recipes and features by subscribing (with a two week free trial), or with a one-time purchase if you prefer not to subscribe!
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.