Check the details on WatchAware
What is it about?
Sleep Watch is an interesting app that lets you automatically track your sleep each night. This is done by giving the app an estimate of when you usually go to bed, and it will start up automatically, or you can do it manually by launching the app on your Apple Watch or as a complication. It also detects when you wake up due to movement. After about 30 minutes of being awake, check the app to make sure that the automatic detection of when you slept and when you woke up is accurate; if not, then you can manually make changes. With this information, the developers can work on their algorithm for better sleep detection. The app also stores your sleep data so you can see how your sleep is weekly, get notifications, sync with Health, and even have your data on multiple devices.
For those who...
- Want to track their sleep
- Have an Apple Watch (required)
- Prefer an automated process for sleep tracking
Not for those who...
- Don't mind manual tracking of sleep
- Don't care to track their sleep
- Don't have an Apple Watch
Why we love it
Sleep Watch is a simple and intuitive app that tries to make the sleep tracking process easier on the Apple Watch through automation. It may not be perfect just yet, but it's useful for those who prefer something that automates itself instead of having to remember to track every night.
App Store Description
Track sleep with your Apple Watch automatically. No buttons to press. Just wear your Watch to bed and wake to insightful sleep analysis. Automatically log your data. Follow your sleep trends with powerful charting tools.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Wear your Apple Watch to bed (do not enable Power Reserve mode)
2. Upon waking, check the Watch or iPhone app to review your auto-detected sleep details; that's it!
3. Opt to confirm or adjust your auto-detected sleep times in the iPhone app to help us build you a smarter sleep detection algorithm
We recommend scheduling 'Do Not Disturb' to turn on automatically during your typical sleeping hours to prevent any Watch notifications from disturbing your sleep. This can be done in the iPhone Watch App > My Watch > General > "Do Not Disturb" section. We also recommend enabling 'Theatre Mode' while asleep to keep your Watch screen dark until waking.
• Auto Sleep: Automatically log your estimated total sleep time, total restful sleep time, average sleeping heart rate, sleeping heart rate dip, and sleep activity levels for each night by simply wearing your Apple Watch to bed
• Sleeping Heart Rate Dip: Get motivated to make healthier lifestyle choices by tracking estimates of a sleep metric that can be a powerful indicator of overall and cardiovascular health
• Easy Editing: Manually adjust your detected sleep times to more accurately track your sleep
• Daily Sleep Goal: See your daily progress towards your custom sleep goal
• Daily Briefings: Effortlessly get daily notifications about how you slept
• Powerful Trend Analysis: Track changes in your sleep stats on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
• Sleep Charge Tracking: a fun new way to help you better track and recover from recently missed sleep
• Auto sync sleep data to Health app
• History: See your data from up to a year ago
• Create an account and access your data across multiple iOS devices
• Watch complication support
• See your last night's sleep details on your Watch app interface
MONITOR YOUR SLEEP
Do we need to say it? Getting adequate and quality sleep is part of a healthy lifestyle that may help us:
• Improve mood
• Reach weight loss goals
• Battle stress
• Improve exercise performance and recovery
• Elevate daytime energy levels
• Learn and retain new knowledge better
• Improve workplace productivity
• Boost immune system strength
• Build better cardiovascular and brain health
With so many potential benefits; there's no excuse not to pay better attention to your sleep. Start monitoring your sleep today!
TRACK YOUR SLEEPING HEART RATE DIP
Health research among particular populations suggests that the more heart rate slows—or "dips"—during sleep compared to waking may be better for both overall and cardiovascular health in years to come. Get motivated to build a healthier lifestyle and start tracking your sleeping heart rate dip today.
• Leveraging the state-of-the-art motion and pulse sensors in your Apple Watch, our algorithm estimates when you are asleep by analyzing changes in your activity and heart rate
• Sleep Watch looks for sleep between 7pm and 11:30am that totals at least 1 hour
• Sleep Watch notifications about your sleep are sent after 6am at least 30min after your detected wake-up time
• Sleep Watch works by integrating with the Apple Health app
CAUTION - IMPORTANT SAFETY & USE INFO
• Do not rely on Sleep Watch for medical advice or diagnosis. Sleep Watch is not a replacement or substitute for professional medical care.
• Use Sleep Watch for informational, general wellbeing and fitness purposes only.
• Sleep Watch results are estimates only.
• Consult a doctor if you have any health concern or before starting any exercise program. Do not self-adjust medications.
* Terms of Service: http://sleepwatchapp.com/terms-of-service