Watch the trailer
Important weather details, a layer at a time. Storm Radar gives you all the essential storm information, a layer at a time. View as little or as much as you want.
Six hours of radar coverage. Storm Radar shows you up to six hours of radar coverage, including both past information and future predicted radar tracks.
Adjust radar details. You can turn Storm Tracks on or off, as well as many other radar details. That way, you can customize your radar visualization to just how you want it.
What is it about?
Storm Radar gives you the latest information from NOAA and The Weather Channel, right on your iPhone or iPad. The high-resolution weather radar helps you visualize the storms coming your way. Six hours of cutting-edge animated future radar will help you know what's coming. You can even get a detailed analysis of impending severe weather, watching storm tracks and getting all the important information about the incoming cells. You'll know the storm's estimated arrival time, how strong it is, as well as whether it's bringing strong winds, lightning, hail, and tornadoes.
For those who...
- Love to keep up with the weather
- Worry about tornadoes and hurricanes
Not for those who...
- Don't worry about severe weather
- Don't care about hurricanes, tropical storms, or tornadoes
Why we love it
Storm Radar is the real deal, and provides tons of useful information. What's really awesome about this app, though, is that you can have it show as much or as little weather as you want. Customizable data layers let you focus on earthquakes, severe weather alerts, local storm reports, temperature, precipitation, and more. When it comes time for hurricanes and tropical storms, not many apps can beat the detailed analysis Storm Radar gives you. You can view historical and projected paths of the storms, along with complete information about each one. The app provides you with wind speeds, strength, arrival times, and a detailed analysis of the cone of uncertainty for that hurricane or tropical storm.
App Store Description
Weather like you’ve never seen before with the Storm Radar app for iOS! Full screen interactive map with 8 hours of high-resolution past-to-future radar, advanced storm cell tracking, and real-time severe weather alerts allow you to visualize weather heading your way. Whether you want to view current weather conditions or daily and hourly forecasts, they’re all available at a glance on your iPhone or iPad.
• Radar: High resolution weather radar gives you a detailed view of how much rain or snow is in your area, and how storms are moving.
• Global Future Radar: 6 hours of cutting-edge, animated forecasted future radar across land and sea.
• Storm Tracks: See detailed analysis of impending severe weather, including storm arrival time, strength rating, detailed components of the storm (such as wind, hail, lightning, and tornadoes), the speed and direction of the storm, the precipitation rate, storm tracker data, and more.
• Hurricanes and Tropical Storms: See historical and forecasted paths complete with wind speed, strength, arrival times, and the cone of uncertainty.
• Lightning: View 100 miles of lightning around any continental US location.
• Customizable Data Layers: Earthquakes, severe weather alerts, local storm reports, temperature and precipitation overlays, and more.
• Local Storm Reports: Get local radar and severe weather warnings from anywhere in the US and around the globe, including Miami, Orlando, Chicago, Minneapolis, and St Louis.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
In order to provide personalized local weather data, alerts, and forecasts, The Weather Channel app needs permission to access your location.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at [email protected] with any suggestions or questions.