What is it about?
Do you have tinnitus?
App Store Description
Do you have tinnitus?
The Tinnitunes app aims to make listening to music on iOS devices a more comfortable and enjoyable experience for those who suffer from Tinnitus.
Listening to music with headphones and earplugs can be an uncomfortable experience for Tinnitus sufferers, however, listening to music with tinnitus sound therapy audio in the background can both significantly improve the experience and help to promote the neurological process of habituation, when used as part of tinnitus retraining therapy.
You can also use Tinnitunes to listen to tinnitus sound therapy audio sounds without music.
* Compatible with the world’s favourite music apps including iTunes, Spotify and Apple Music
* Helps to promote neurological habituation, when used as part of tinnitus retraining therapy
* Choice of sound therapy background sounds
* More sounds coming soon
* Watch videos on other apps while listening to uninterrupted tinnitus relieving background audio
* Use your own Music
* Ability to mask tinnitus, with or without music, for instant relief
*Love your music again!
*Gain control and relief from tinnitus
*Relieve tinnitus related stress and anxiety
1) Choose your preferred sound therapy background sound from the “Sounds” menu.
2) Set the volume of your device to an appropriate level for music.
3) Use the onscreen volume bar to adjust the sound therapy background sound to a level where it begins to blend in with your tinnitus.
4) Enjoy your music!
Using tinnitus sound therapy audio, as part of tinnitus retraining therapy (TRT), can help to promote the neurological process of habituation which involves the brain reclassifying tinnitus as an unimportant sound that can be ignored, through the weakening of tinnitus related neurological activity. According to TRT, there is an ideal volume level the tinnitus sound therapy audio source should be set at. The volume should be set so that it starts to "mix" or blend with the tinnitus, and so that you can hear both your tinnitus as well as the sound used. To assist habituation of your tinnitus, you need to be able to hear it along with the sound therapy audio.
Tinnitus sound therapy audio can also be used to mask the sound of your tinnitus. This can give you control and relief from tinnitus which can help to alleviate any stress and anxiety the condition may be causing you.