Blacklist. Perhaps you want to block a specific site for its political views or NSFW content. Simply drop into the Blacklist (opposite of a Whitelist which lets sites through your proxy) and add the site's URL to your Weblock system. Type or paste in the URL of the offending site, then decide whether to use all sub-URLs or not, then save it all. You'll no longer be able to access that site on your iOS device - a great way to keep kids and others out of places you don't want them.
Tutorial. To make Weblock work, you'll need to set up an auto proxy in your Settings app. It's pretty simple - just copy the URL from the Weblock Tutorial, then paste into the Settings app in the Auto Proxy field. The Tutorial shows you exactly where to put this. Once done, turn your Wi-Fi off and then on again, and you're in business. Time to set up your rules, filters, Blacklists and Whitelists.
AdServers. Once you've got Weblock installed and running on your iPhone, you'll need to decide what AdServers and trackers you want to add. There are a ton of them already in place so you don't have to be an expert in mobile advertising. You can block them all, some of them, or none. It's up to you, and it's super easy to do: just click through and tap to add a checkmark.
What is it about?
Weblock allows you to block ads, banners and pop-ups to make your web surfing experience smoother and more enjoyable. What sets it apart from the rest, is the ability to block specific content, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social widgets. Weblock has a constantly growing and updated list of predefined filters for you to choose from. It also enables you to create your own filters, allowing you to weed out content from just about any website.
Why we love it
With so many banner ads, pop-ups and social media apps getting in the way of our web surfing experience, Weblock's ability to banish them for good makes it well worth the low price tag.
App Store Description
-=[ -50% OFF until 5th of August 2017 ]=-
• Number #1 ad blocking solution for iOS
• Blocking ads on iOS since 2012
• Over 700 000 downloads worldwide
• Works with all apps, not just Safari
• No in-app purchases, no subscription. Simple one time payment
• Top Utility ranked in all App Stores around the world
• Over 1000 carefully crafted filters just to block ads
• Easy setup in under 1 minute with detailed tutorial
Weblock allows you to block online content. It can block ads (banners and popups in other apps and websites), stats and user tracking, scripts or images. It also allows you to block specific websites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, social widgets from websites or get rid of annoying Tapatalk popups. You can even define your own content filters. Using Weblock you can block basically any network resource!
Weblock has a constantly growing and updated list of predefined filters for you to choose from. It also enables you to create your own filters. Unlike other content filtering products, Weblock DOES NOT act as a proxy server or subscription based VPN for all your traffic, so your connection stays direct, fast and private! Content filtering takes place right on your device.
Here are some situations in which Weblock might come in handy:
• Block annoying ads (text ads, video ads, banner ads and popups) in almost every app you use! Weblock is much more than just another web browser app and content blocking plugin. It affects all apps on your iOS.
• Disable majority of ads on websites you visit on your iOS device! Weblock supports all major web browsers: Safari, Chrome, Mercury and others (browsers redirecting web traffic through third party servers like Puffin Browser or Opera Mini may not be supported).
• Easily remove all native Facebook widgets and plugins (Like buttons, comments, etc.) on sites you visit - simply disable Facebook plugins in Weblock! Do the same for Twitter, Google+ and other social media.
• Block annoying Tapatalk popups, nagging you to download forum browsing app on every visit.
• Take control of someone else's device - you can preconfigure any iOS device to control it with your Weblock app. Block or redirect any content, any time, directly from your own device.
• Your predefined filters and custom rules can be synced between all your iOS devices using iCloud.
• If you wish to block something else, you can create your own rules and filters. You can block any URL (with regular expressions), domain or IP address. Don't know how? Let us know - we're here for you.
• You can also use Weblock's redirect feature to emulate '/etc/hosts' entries for HTTP and HTTPS traffic. This might be useful for web and app developers to pin domains to different IP addresses.
Find out more at https://www.weblockapp.com
••• IMPORTANT! •••
Weblock failed to block some ads or other content? Please let us know with the "Report ad" form inside the app. We've received some negative reviews from users having trouble with proper Weblock setup on their device. Please contact our support before writing negative reviews! We are here for you! :)