WFMU, the Freeform Station of the Nation, offers a full-service iOS app. Listen to live streams, archives, and podcasts, view playlists and comment on shows in real-time, bookmark and share your favorite songs, download archives for offline listening, and watch WFMU video feeds.
- Tune into WFMU's live stream in stereo (128k) or mono (mobile data friendly 32k) as well as all our additional web-only channels including Give The Drummer Radio, Ichiban Rock 'n' Soul, UbuRadio and Radio Boredcast.
- Listen to archives and podcasts of your favorite shows (new: rewind and fast-forward features), and download them for offline listening (via wifi only).
- Live chat + playlists (Note: not all DJs enable this feature).
- Share or preserve your favorite songs via Twitter, Facebook, e-mail or other social apps on your device.
- Background play.
- Bookmark your favorite songs and purchase them directly from the iTunes store.
- Enable notifications to schedule an alert so you don't miss the next episode of your favorite show on the WFMU stream.
- View WFMU's Twitter feed, Station News, and up-to-date schedule information.
- Rewind live radio. Did you love that last song and want to hear it again? Rewind it without losing track of the live stream.
- Adjustable buffer settings to improve listening over mobile data.
WFMU is a listener-supported, non-commercial radio station broadcasting at 91.1 FM to the greater New York City area. It is currently the longest running freeform radio station in the United States.
WFMU's programming ranges from flat-out uncategorizable strangeness to rock and roll, experimental music, 78 RPM Records, jazz, psychedelia, hip-hop, electronic, hand-cranked wax cylinders, punk rock, gospel, exotica, R&B, radio improvisation, found sound, interviews, spoken word collages, as well as country and western music.
This app was coded by Giacomo Tufano - ilTofa.com
Server powered by KenzoDB (kenzodb.com), by Ken Garson