Zillow’s top-rated real estate app opens the door to millions of homes for sale and rent across the U.S., including real estate listings you won’t find anywhere else. Compare industry-exclusive Zestimate® home values for more than 100 million homes nationwide. Using our app’s real estate search options, you can view photos and videos of listed homes as you search for a house near top-rated schools, an apartment near the city center or a vacation getaway with a view. The Zillow app helps you stay on top of your local real estate market with updated listings and delivers instant notifications on listings you’ve saved.
Redfin, an app made especially for house hunting, was brought to my attention by Jonathan, one of our readers. He found Redfin to have the most accurately updated listings and noted the app has a great "Favorites" option if you are a (free) member of Redfin. By marking a house as a favorite, you get alerts on the status and any changes that happen to the listing. Another unique feature I have found on this app is its "Open House Times" sort feature. Get your house tours organized and never miss an open house again. In addition, when you save a search, Redfin will keep track of new listings that pop up for that search and email you about new homes. The downside of this app is its availability. As of now, it is only available in certain major U.S. cities.
Heaps of good news: this app is very accurate. It has listings for for-rent and for-sale homes and all of the standard filters you would want to refine your search. Three features put this app over the top: the "draw" option where you can draw your desired search area, its constantly refreshed listings, and its labeling houses by price on the map.
What others are saying about the Rent.com app:
"I've been finding great deals on this app. Never been easier seriously it's given me countless options within my budget and beautiful places to be honest. Five stars for sure"
"Give the most accurate prices. Very easy to use."
"I really enjoy looking for apartments using rent.com. They help me find my very first apartment 8 years ago. Now I'm using them again for my new search! The details and pictures are accurate."
You need to find the right apartment - like, yesterday. It’s got to have specific amenities and be within your budget. Rent.com is here to help.
The Rent.com mobile app allows you to:
• Find apartments in specific locations using a map or list view.
• Use the map to draw your own custom search areas.
• Use the Rent.com iMessage app to share your favorite apartments with friends and family.
• Find out what residents think of the property - read real ratings and reviews you can trust from actual residents.
• Explore trusted listings from sources that are verified by Rent.com.
• Take a virtual tour with our exclusive HD videos and panoramic tours with 360-degree views of the exteriors, interiors, and amenities of many apartments.
• View HD photos and floor-plan images for a glimpse of what each unit has to offer.
• Use advanced search tools and filters to narrow in on your perfect rental.
• Save your favorites to easily access them again and again.
• Use our Tour Checklist to help guide your through your property tours. Never miss an important detail again.
• Use your saved Tour Checklists to compare properties.
• Share your Tour Checklists with family and/or friends.
• Call or email properties directly from the app.
The perfect apartment within your budget is out there. Use the Rent.com app to help you find it.
Introducing a radically better way to buy or sell a home. From search and discovery through title and closing, Xome Real Estate provides a seamless buying and selling experience.
Whether you are listing or searching for the perfect home, we assist you from start to finish. Xome Concierge and the Xome Agents are with you every step of the way to ensure your experience exceeds your expectations.
• Xome has over a 100 million properties in the US including MLS real estate listings that are refreshed every 15 minutes.
• Whether you are looking for a single family home, a town home, or an apartment or condo, you will be able to find it on Xome.
• Contact the Xome Concierge to be referred to a Xome Agent, request a showing, and get your questions answered.
• Search by your current location (using the GPS locator), type in a specific address, or draw a custom region on the mobile map
• Overlay rich local data on top of map search listings, that can highlight:
- School Districts
- Points of interest (Restaurants, shopping, hotels, etc)
• Discover new listings virtually with the Xome Zoom to zoom in on properties in your current location
• You can filter your searches by the status of a property, the type, the price range, the number of bedrooms or bathrooms, the square footage, Open Houses, and more
• Use the Mortgage Calculator to determine how much home you can afford
• Review neighborhood school information and the Walk Score rating
• Share homes via text message, email, and social media
• See the Xome Value for any home in the U.S.
• Save your favorite homes and searches and view them on Xome.com or any mobile device
• Receive alerts when new listings hit the market, drop in price, show an open house, or the status changes
Quickly view rental listings that fit your search criteria and connect directly with landlords.
Welcome to the Apartments.com Rental Search App: We have created the most dynamic and innovative app to help you find the best apartment or home to rent.
After years of collecting your feedback through the App Store, studies, focus groups and more we focused on improving what matters the most to you. Now you’re able to:
1. Access the most listings – Hundreds of thousands of apartments, condos, townhomes, and houses for rent are updated daily by our national research team.
2. Get the best information – Check real-time availability, rent ranges and specials without letting scams or repeat posts get in the way.
3. View more high-resolution photos and HD videos – Interiors, exteriors and neighborhood hot-spots are brought to life by our professional photographers and videographers.
4. Search smarter – Draw your specific target area and use overlays on the map to find your perfect place.
5. Take it wherever you go – Start your search on your computer and finish on your phone or tablet!
Our mission at Apartments.com is to show you the most information about the most apartments wherever you are searching. When it comes to your apartment search, no one is more focused on giving you more options and making it the easiest for you to find your next rental!
(Some Features may not be available for all listings.)
Browse new rental listings on the easy-to-navigate search and map view. Save your favorites to boards, or go ahead and contact the property by email or phone. This app allows you to swipe through collections of rentals and discover new properties in a beautiful, intuitive way.
Designed for the busy modern day apartment finder, Apartment List is personalized to your needs will help you find the best apartments or homes for rent.
HotPads is a very popular online housing search engine, but their app falls short and lacks most of the website's features. The best parts of this app are the number of listings that show up when you search for places and the symbols they use on the map to delineate the type of housing. The worst part is there are a very limited number of filters; there isn't even one for square footage. Still, this is an app worth glancing at or using if you have a HotPads account (you can save your searches and favorite listings).
For anyone looking to manage their mortgage.
Mortgage Calculator Plus allows you to input extra payments, to consider taxes, insurance, PMI and a whole bunch of other options to give you the most comprehensive mortgage calculation. It also allows you to dynamically build your amortization schedule right in front of your eyes, giving you detailed information regarding when, what and how much you are paying.
Why we love it
It's a great way to know exactly how much you are paying and where your money is going.
If you're buying a house, looking to re-finance, or simply want to make the most of your existing mortgage, then this is the perfect app for you. Try out various 'What-If' scenarios and quickly see how extra payments can save you a whole lot of time and money. You can enter any number of Monthly, Yearly or One Off extra payments, at any period during the loan. Then watch the total loan length and cost go down. You may be surprised by just how much! Easily visualise your cost savings in the simple and interactive charts. Just slide your finger along to see the costs for each year.