JBL Pulse 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Wireless Bluetooth speakers get better with each passing year. Today’s speakers have improved internals, offer longer battery life, and in some cases, have more features than those released just a few years ago. It’s partially on this last point that we award the title of Best Wireless Bluetooth Speaker for Home Use to the 2017 JBL Pulse 3.
- IPX7 waterproof housing
- With JBL Connect+ technology, you can wirelessly link more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers to amplify the party
- With the noise and echo canceling speakerphone you can take calls from your speaker with a touch of a button
What makes a great Wireless Bluetooth Speaker?
We have found there is a strong correlation between what a Bluetooth speaker costs and how good it sounds. Additionally, speakers that cost $200, for example, sound very similar to those at around the same price.
Once you decide how much to spend on a Bluetooth speaker, there are other factors to consider, including the following:
- Great battery life so frequent recharging is not required.
- Long range so that you can roam around your home or office.
- Waterproof so they work at the pool or beach too.
- Beautiful design so people notice it.
- App control is simple to learn, as are the buttons on the device.
Why the Pulse 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker is the best?
Measuring 8.7 inches by 3.6 inches, the 2.1-pound cylindrical Pulse 3 is intended to stand upright. Most of the device is made up of the LED lighting panel. At the bottom of the device, you’ll find a speaker grille that’s the home to three 40mm drivers that push the sounds out in all directions. Bass response is improved by the passive radiator at the top of the device.
Did we mention the light show?
Our experience with the Pulse 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Our experience with the JBL Pulse 3 has been very positive from the moment we opened up the box. It’s one of the easiest speakers on the market to set up.
Factors we enjoyed the most, in no particular order. include the ability to wirelessly connect up to two smartphones or tablets to the speaker. This allows multiple users to enjoy the device’s 360-degree stereo sound. We were also impressed with its 12 hours of music and light show playtime between charges. It’s also important the speaker offers IPX7 waterproofing.
Want to amplify the experience? You can connect more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together. Yes, 100.
We were also impressed with its 12 hours of music and light show playtime between charges.
The device’s unique light show experience is controlled through the JBL Connect+ app settings and using buttons on the device. Select from various light show templates or you can add your own.
UE MEGABOOM is a portable wireless speaker on steroids. Blast freakishly amazing 360-degree sound with deep, heart-pounding bass–everywhere you go. It has a waterproof grab n’ go shape that is shockingly light– just 1.93 pounds. Take advantage of its long battery life and extended wireless range to start a rage wherever, whenever you need.
- Freakishly amazing 360-degree sound with deep bass
- Waterproof (IPX7) that is shockingly light at just 1.93 pounds
- Connect with Echo Dot (2nd Generation) for hands-free voice control
- 100 ft Bluetooth wireless range, 20-hour rechargeable battery
One of the best portal Bluetooth speakers just got better
The Flip 4 looks a lot like its predecessor, the 2016 Flip 3. However, it arrives with some key differences both inside and out. Internally, the Flip 4 includes new drivers and a better battery. In doing so, it can go 12 hours between charges instead of the Flip 3’s 10 hours, even though both have a 3000mAH rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- 12 hours of battery life between charges
- Waterproof, not just splashproof
- Available in multiple colors
The smallest member of the UE Boom line, the Wonderboom doesn’t skimp on features or sound quality. Perfect for anyone looking for an inexpensive and portable way to rock out on the go or around the house, the speaker can be clipped onto a bag or purse using its built-in bungee loop.
- Weighs just 15 ounces.
- IPX7 rated and can be submersed in up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes.
- Doesn't distort sound at higher volumes unlike other smaller Bluetooth speakers.
- More than one can be paired together to turn the volume to 11.