As the world of internet-connected devices continues to grow, more interesting and amazing smart home devices are starting to pop up. From voice-activated speakers to smart bulbs, there’s plenty of things to make our homes smarter and our lives easier. Here’s a collection of the best smart home devices to take your home to the next level.
A Smart Lightning Strip to Accent Your Home
LIFX Z is the lighting strip that uses Wi-Fi to create the perfect light for you at any moment. A simple-to-use app allows you to fine tune your lighting experience; control your entire strip or select colors for addressable zones - the choice is yours.
- 2 meters of zoned lighting.
- Easy setup with no extra hardware required.
- Can provide millions of colors or different shades of white.
- Lasts up to 22.8 years.
A Complete Security System in a Single Device
Not only is Canary the smartest home security solution on the market, it’s also the simplest. Just set Canary on a shelf or table, plug it in, and connect it to the internet using the iPhone or Android app. The best part is that there's no contracts or required monthly fees and free cloud storage.
- Stream real-time video of your home with Canary's 1080p HD camera, 147 degree wide-angle lens, automatic night vision, and high-quality audio
- Protect your home with Canary's 90+ dB siren, motion-activated recording, auto-arm/disarm, and instant access to local authorities
- Monitor air quality, temperature, and humidity to help understand how your home might affect your health
- Receive instant video alerts on your iOS or Android device
- No Installation/Contracts/Monthly Fees Required
The Easiest Smart Bulb with No Hub or Extra Hardware Required
The LIFX Wi-Fi smart LED light bulb is an adjustable, multicolor, dimmable smart bulb. It produces 1100 lumens, 16 million colors and 1000 shades of warm to cool whites and it can all be controlled right from your smartphone or even using Alexa. The best part is that it requires no hub whatsoever. Just install and you're ready to go.
- 16 million colors and warm to cool whites
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Easy to set up, built-in Wi-Fi
- no hub required
- equivalent to 75W bulb
- Works with Nest and SmartThings
A HomeKit-Enabled Smart In-Wall Lightning Kit
Controlling lights, shades, and temperature from a mobile device or with Siri’s help has never been easier or more reliable. The Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge allows for setup, control and monitoring from your iPhone, iPad, and even your Apple Watch. It’s also Apple HomeKit-enabled and works with Siri.
- Works with Siri and Amazon Alexa for voice control.
- Provides simple and personalized control of your lights, shades, and temperature.
- Schedule lights to turn on at specific times; enable the time clock feature to automatically adjust lights for fall/spring time changes.
- Included Smart bridge supports up to 50 devices and works with Alexa, Homekit, Ecobee, Nest, Sonos, and more.
Light Spaces in New, Creative Ways
With the Philips Hue Go Light, you can transform your home with high-quality white and colored light. Play with 16 million colors and 50 thousand shades of white. Sync your lights with music, TV, and games for an immersive effect. It's pretty awesome.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (hub required)
- Full control from your smart device for extended features and light recipes
- Natural dynamic effects
- enhance your special moment with living light
- Experience millions of colors and white light with 300-lumen output
- Smart battery management for maximum freedom and portability
- up to 3 hours of battery life
A Beautiful Outdoor Lamp that Doubles as a Security Camera
Night or day, Kuna’s smart outdoor security camera system detects movement at your door and sends actionable alerts to your iOS device, allowing you to safely take action using Kuna’s lights(s), HD live video feed, two-way intercom, prerecorded deterrent messages, and 100+ decibel siren.
- Two-way intercom: safely hear and talk to people outside your home anytime.
- Activity alerts: receive actionable notifications on your mobile device.
- Outdoor siren: manually deter unwanted visitors with a 100+ decibel siren.
- DIY easy install: 15 min setup, no wires and no need to replace batteries.
24/7 Security No Matter Where You Are
The Nest Cam Outdoor is well-designed, waterproof and easy-to-install security camera. You can install it over the front door and watch who comes and goes or you can mount it outside the garage to keep an eye on the driveway. It produces clear images and you can monitor everything right from your smartphone, making it one of the best outdoor cameras you can buy.
- 130° wide-angle view and all-glass lens let you look after home in crisp 1080p HD, day and night
- When Nest Cam Outdoor detects activity, it can send a phone alert or email with a photo of the event
- Weatherproof camera, cable, and adapter, so you can leave it out in the rain
- Built-in speaker and microphone, and lets you talk and listen through the app
- Simple DIY installation
Turn Your Electronics On or Off From Anywhere
The Belkin Wi-Fi enabled Wemo Switch lets you turn electronic devices on or off from anywhere. It uses your existing home Wi-Fi network to provide wireless control of TVs, lamps, stereos, heaters, fans and more. Simply download the free Wemo App, plug the switch into an outlet in your home, and plug any device into the switch. You can even us it with Alexa!
- Works with Nest Thermostat so your lights and appliances “know” when you’re home or away, and respond automatically
- Plug in a Wemo Switch, download the free app, and start controlling your lights and appliances from anywhere
A Beautiful, Well-Designed Smart Thermostat
A beautiful, well-designed smart thermostat that learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a seven days. It also shows you how much energy you use every day in Energy History and every month in your Home Report.
- Learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a week
- Automatically turns itself down when nobody’s home to help you save energy
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop
- Check your Energy History in the Nest app to see how much energy you use and why
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control
Watch, Talk to and Play with Your Pets in Real Time
Are you a pet owner that's always wondering what your little buddy is doing while you're away at work? Never wonder again because the PetCube is here to not only provide you 24/7 surveillance, but it also provides built-in lasers for entertainment. Wow, just wow.
- Real-time 1080p HD video with a 138-degree wide-angle view, night vision, and 3x digital zoom.
- Two-way audio to talk to and hear your pet.
- Built-in laser toy controlled from your phone or set to autoplay mode to regularly play and exercise your pet.
A Beautiful Spy Camera to Protect Your Family
Security cameras come in all shapes and sizes. This one is especially nice since it hides in a beautiful design. By default, the camera takes a series of motion detected pictures, in the daytime and nighttime. The camera deletes older files, making room for new ones when the SD memory card becomes full. The user can modify camera functions and parameters in a text file of an SD memory card.
- Based on 16 megapixels (4608 x 3456 pixels) Canon PowerShot camera adaptable CCD sensor
- 5 – 12 mm focal length (zoom) wide angle lens
- Standalone outdoor design with 128 GB SD memory card
Turn Your Amazon Dot into an Echo
Did you buy an Amazon Dot, but then realized its limitations? Now there's VAUX, a cordless home speaker for Amazon's smallest Alexa-enabled device. With VAUX, you'll never have to worry about running out of battery life and best of all, you can take it with you too. Simply place your Dot into the top of the VAUX, plug in internal connectors and your good to go.
- Enjoy up to six hours of portable run time with our rechargeable lithium ion battery.
- Dual 52mm Drivers and a passive radiator for impressive sound and bass
- Compatible with 2nd Generation Dot
- Use Amazon Dot's Power Supply and Cable to Charge VAUX
- 3.5mm Aux Input for use with external mobile players
A Voice-Activated Speaker Powered by Google Assistant
Imagine if Siri was built into a speaker. That's what Google Home is. You can use your voice to request music, get answers from Google and manage everyday tasks. It works with Android and of course iOS, and it's capable of controlling compatible smart home devices such as Chromecast or Nest.
- Play tunes from services like YouTube Music, Google Play Music, Pandora, and Spotify
- Get answers to things you want to know including the latest on weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- With your permission, Google Home can help you with things like your commute and flight information
- Ask Google Home to stream videos to your TV with Chromecast or to turn up your Nest thermostat