A gorgeous and galactic platforming adventure game
Momoka: An Interplanetary Adventure is a beautiful platformer that packs in hours of content with a good story and great characters.
What is it about?
Momoka: An Interplanetary Adventure is an action-packed adventure game that is reminiscent of games like Super Mario Galaxy. In Momoka, you will take control of a heroine, appropriately named Momoka, as she flies across the galaxy to explore various planets and find new adventures. The game features a 2.5-D look and feel, where you can circle entire planets in seconds as they rotate under your feet, and you can even hop from planet-to-planet when necessary. There are a ton of characters to meet on your journey, along with plenty of upgrades for your arsenal so you can be ready to take down any foe that gets in your way of finding out why the sun is dying. The game has a low-poly aesthetic that looks great with the dynamic lighting system, and this is a game that will take several hours to complete fully. The controls are super responsive as well. If you need a great action platformer for your Apple TV, then this is the way to go.
For those who...
- You want a game like Super Mario Galaxy but with more action
- You enjoy action platformers and like to solve occasional puzzles
- You want a female protagonist
Not for those who...
- You don't like action platformer games
- You get dizzy quickly and easily
- You don't want a challenge
Why we love it
Momoka: An Interplanetary Adventure is an awesome action platformer that looks beautiful and packs in a ton of content.
App Store Description
"tons of fun... you really can feel all the heart and soul that went into this game", Game of the Week -TouchArcade
"Momoka has a near-flawless control scheme... insanely responsive", 10/10 -AppAdvice
"The best part of Momoka is there’s so much to do”, 8/10 -Apple’N’Apps
"heaps of heart… a delight for anyone who loves exploring”, 9/10 -148Apps
"Metroidvania-like gameplay and colorful worlds are sure to keep you glued to your screen”, 50 best iPhone games 2016 -TechRadar
Control Momoka as she hops and flies across her solar system in this 2.5D platforming adventure game.
Gameplay switches seamlessly from a platforming shooter within and between each of the planets, to exploration of the large planetary system using her spaceship. You will meet many characters, collect upgrades, and battle fearsome enemies as you explore Haruto to find out why its sun is dying, and how you will fix it.
- 2.5D Action Platformer
- Freely explore the galaxy in this nonlinear adventure
- Upgrade Momoka with items you find around Haruto and unlock further areas
- 5-6 hours for main story, 7-8 hours completionist
- Beautiful low-poly graphics
- Dynamic lighting and shadows
- Game Controller Support
- Intuitive touch controls
- Sync your games between iPad, iPhone and Apple TV using iCloud
- Game centre achievements and leaderboards