Because there's always time for news
With Watchup, you decide what type of news you want to hear more about, and for how long.
Select The News You Want. News comes in many varieties. WatchUp lets you choose from finance, tech, sports, entertainment, and more. Each theme has multiple news sources to watch. No matter what you're into, you're bound to find something worth watching with Watchup.
Easily Switch Channels. WatchUp lets you decide what you want to watch. You can easily jump from Bloomberg to CNN, CBS News, Fox News, and more. If you're a news junkie, then you definitely need to catchup with Watchup.
Watch Local News Too. The app offers national news from multiple sources. You can also jump down to watch local news from your area, as long as your near a relatively large metropolitan area. It's great if you want to catch up on what's happening in your neighborhood without having to tune in to live television.
What is it about?
Watchup offers a customized news-watching experience. Just decide the type of news you like and how much time you've got. Let Watchup does the rest.
For those who...
- You like customized news
- Are dedicated to watching news each day
- Like your news at certain times of the day
Not for those who...
- You can't commit to a regular schedule
- Rather not watch video
- Doesn't want to customize news
Why we love it
We really like the Watchup interface and ease of use. This is a great way to watch your news each day.
App Store Description
Watchup is the first news streaming service that redefines the way you watch the news, with a daily newscast to watch on your schedule- for free. All the best local, national and international news sources from the most trusted TV and online sources are here, including CBS News, CNN and Fox News.
Watchup allows you to customize your newscast from a growing number of channels and news categories, giving you a variety of perspectives and topics at your convenience. Simply tune in to view curated news from top sources like:
• PBS Newshour
• Fox News
• CBS News
• WSJ Video
• And Many More!
Just turn it on to watch your newscast play continuously
- Watchup brings all of the day’s most important news together in one aggregator feed, letting you see daily events and international news in one playlist. Watch as your newscast seamlessly moves from one video to the next, and simultaneously scroll through trending topics to see what’s happening across the world.
Personalize your newsfeed with your tastes
- From politics to tech, video games to business, Watchup scours the world’s most reputable sources for all types of news. Find all the content that’s relevant to you, in one convenient app .
Schedule an alert to receive your newscast at your preferred time
- Watch the news on your time! Create an alert at a time that’s convenient for you. Watchup will send you a daily reminder with your daily news recap.
Need more context? Read text articles related to the news clip you’re watching
- Watchup combines the best of video apps and written news! If you need more information, Simply click through the flipboard to read more on your favorite subjects.
Enjoy Watchup both on iPhone and iPad
- Take your newsfeed anywhere with cross-platform functionality! Watch news videos on your tablet’s bigger screen, or carry the world in your pocket on your iPhone. Watchup gives you complete access, anywhere.
NEW! We currently cover 80% of the US and are constantly adding more and more local channels!
Watch your favorite channels, videos and topics, all in one place with the personalized Watchup news aggregator!
Download Watchup today, and start watching smarter.
Praise for Watchup:
* An award-winning Stanford startup, backed by Microsoft, Turner Broadcasting, Stanford and veteran journalists
* Featured in the news category
* Praised by top media outlets (NBC, PBS Newshour, The Economist and more)
* Named a top startup disrupting the video industry by the National Association of Broadcasters
* Proud member of Turner's MediaCamp startup accelerator
*** SXSW Interactive Awards finalist ***
*** SXSW Accelerator finalist ***
*** Knight News Challenge Awards Winner at the MIT Media Lab ***
*** MobileBeat finalist ***
“A centralized hub of selected YouTube news channels, Watchup is like Flipboard for video” (Mashable)
“Watchup’s playlist experience allows you to catch all the day’s news while, for example you’re eating breakfast or cooking dinner” (Techcrunch)
“It’s like Hulu for news junkies” (Harvard’s Neiman Lab)
“Watchup leads you to superior news content while you lean back” (The Economist)
“Cool idea, very simple, beautiful interface!” (Robert Scoble)
“One of the Top 10 News Startups to Watch" (ReadWriteWeb)
Watchup is brought to you by an award-winning Stanford Startup in partnership with a few of the most trusted news media brands like The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Vox, The Verge, Euronews and many more.
System Requirements: iOS 7
Talk to us, we’re human! Email [email protected] or visit www.watchup.com.
Follow us on Twitter @watchup or subscribe on http://www.facebook.com/watchupapp
Questions? Read our tips: http://watchup.com/help/apple/