Pick the perfect background sound from a terrific list of options.
White Noise offers a large variety of audio selections from brown and blue noise to nature sounds to ticking clocks. Each scene displays a static image with the background sound and the app offers a sleep timer as well as a digital clock display.
Pick and play. With so many sounds to choose from, there is bound to be the perfect one to match your mood or environment. After you select one, you can pause it as well as move forward or back to other sounds. There is also a convenient timer if you are enjoying the sounds at bedtime along with a clock display option which includes different colors.
What is it about?
White Noise has a wide range of options for the exact sound you want or need. Whether you are ready to unwind, attempting to focus, or trying to fall asleep, the app has you covered. The static images are attractive, but do not distract from the sound you choose. If you prefer to see a clock display, you can select it and still hear the audio, making it a great Apple TV app for background sound.
For those who...
- You like a lot of sound selections
- You enjoy more than just nature sounds
Not for those who...
- You like limited sound selection options
- You prefer video images on your display
Why we love it
For any mood, occasion, or taste, White Noise has a sound to fit. For help relaxing, concentrating, or staying calm, this app has a wonderful array of options.
White Noise is $0.99 but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Find out why the world is sleeping better with White Noise. Features ambient sounds of the environment to help you relax during the day and sleep great at night.
Do you have trouble going to sleep? Are you traveling on a plane and need a quick power nap? Does your newborn baby wake up in the middle of the night? There are numerous benefits to using White Noise:
• Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
• Relaxes and reduces stress
• Pacifies fussy and crying babies
• Increases focus while enhancing privacy
• Soothes headaches and migraines
• Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
Even when you’re asleep, your brain is constantly scanning and listening for sounds. If it’s too quiet, unwanted noises such as faucet drips or police sirens can interrupt your sleep. White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking those noise interruptions, so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
Air Conditioner, Airplane Travel, Amazon Jungle, Beach Waves Crashing, Blowing Wind, Blue Noise, Boat Swaying in Water, Brown Noise, Camp Fire, Cars Driving, Cat Purring, Chimes Chiming, City Streets, Clothes Dryer, Crickets Chirping, Crowded Room, Dishwasher Rinsing, Extreme Rain Pouring, Frogs at Night, Grandfather Clock, Hair Dryer Blowing, Heartbeat, Heavy Rain Pouring, Light Rain Pouring, Ocean Waves Crashing, Oscillating Fan, Pink Noise, Rain on Car Roof, Rain Storm, Running Shower, Running Water, Stream Water Flowing, Thunder Storm, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Train Ride, Vacuum Cleaner, Violet Noise, Water Dripping, Water Sprinkler, White Noise
• 40+ perfectly looped sounds with additional free sounds from the White Noise Market at http://whitenoisemarket.com/
• Apple Watch integration for controlling audio playback
• iPhone 5, 6, 6+ Retina display support with high resolution photos. Portrait and Landscape orientations.
• Record, loop, and share new sounds with total ease. Mix sounds together and create a custom playlist.
• Audio plays in background so you can use other apps while listening
• Full screen digital clock with multiple colors and brightness controls makes it the perfect companion for any nightstand
• Advanced alarm and timer system that slowly fades audio in and out so you awake naturally feeling more refreshed
• On-screen media player and volume controls with swipe gesture support for navigating sound collection
• Heart favorite sounds and mixes in the sound catalog for quick access using the Favorites view
• Use iPod Music as alarms that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed
• AirPlay sounds to Bluetooth devices or Apple TV
• Remote media controls on lock screen and headphones
• Advanced controls for volume, balance, pitch, mixing with iPod music, looping the playlist, custom alarm snooze times, and more
• Generate custom color noises with Generator In-App Purchase
White Noise has been featured by popular TV shows (Dr. Oz, Today Show, FOX&Friends, Jimmy Fallon), major media outlets (NBC News Today, Health Magazine, The Washington Post, NY Times, CNET, Esquire, PC Magazine), and raved about by millions of satisfied customers.
DR. OZ SHOW: 13 Miracles of 2013
"Revolutionary Sound App!”
THE WASHINGTON POST: Smartphone Puts Newborn to Sleep
"For the next four months, the infant slept with his father's phone in his crib and White Noise tuned to 'air conditioner.' The monotonous buzz kept the baby sleeping soundly and his parents happy."
CNET: Apps that can improve your life
“Trouble falling asleep at night? A little White Noise might do the trick.”
HEALTH MAGAZINE: "Help you turn off your brain, fall asleep faster, and get the rest you desperately need"
PC MAGAZINE: "Since the sound of crickets chirping has the same relaxing effect on children as it does on adults, White Noise is perfect for taking things down a notch."