Rewinder!, the Apple TV app that CultOfMac says "promises to give you all the insane, free content you can handle, and it delivers" is finally available for iOS.
Sit back and watch from a large (and growing) library of the best public domain movies, television, and short films available anywhere. Enjoy the frequently updated list of titles curated by the Rewinder! staff, browse one of the dozens of categories, or do a deep dive into the archives to search for some hidden gems. All presented without any ads or in-app purchases,
Highlights include :
- Classic horror films ("Night of the Living Dead", "Carnival of Souls", "The House on Haunted Hill")
- Retro classroom films ("Duck And Cover", "Are You Popular?")
- Legendary B-Movies ("Plan 9 From Outer Space", "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians", "The Man Who Saved The World (aka. Turkish Star Wars)")
- Bizarre industrial safety films ("Shake Hands With Danger")
- Golden age television shows starring Lucille Ball, Groucho Marx, Jack Benny, and more.
- Cartoon greats like Betty Boop, Popeye, and Superman
- Silent comedians like Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Harold Lloyd
Rewinder not only has the largest library of free films, but includes additional features like the ability to save a list of favorites or mute the films so you can watch along while listening to your own music in the background. have any suggestions for additional features or find a cool movie you want us to feature on the home screen? Hit us up at @rewinder_app on Twitter.