News Explorer is a powerful yet remarkably easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL iCLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom, YouTube and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS, RDF, Atom, JSON and Twitter feed engine.
• Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
• Clean, 100% native, distraction-free user interface
• Article list with resizable thumbnails
• Feed level option to automatically open articles in Reader view
• Size, alignment and visibility of the thumbnails are adjustable.
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links and other references
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood
• Split View support
• Use Reader view to download and read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format
• Mark items as favorite for later reading
• Navigate with one click to the original content
• Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way
• Full text search
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items
• Share news items via email, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and more
• Built-in support to share items with Instapaper and Pocket
• Add new RSS, Atom and JSON feeds directly from Safari, using the 'Add to News Explorer' share extension
• Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the built-in search form
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON and Twitter feeds
• Dedicated YouTube channel feed support
• Group your subscriptions with collapsible folders
• Rename and reorder folders and subscriptions, using drag-and-drop
• OPML import and export.
• Article reader with adjustable title and body font settings
• Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites
• External keyboard support
• Perform quick actions with horizontal swipes
• Pull subscription list to start a sync session
• App icon badge with unread items count
• Navigate to the next or previous item with animated swipe gestures
• You can set a primary article view, such as Mercury Reader view, for each feed
• Custom storage period for each item status (read, unread and favorite)
• Opened items can be automatically set to read, immediately or after a custom period
• Syncing with iCloud can be disabled, to use only the built-in high speed RSS engine
• And much more!
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, ATOM, JSON Feed and Twitter news feeds
• Supports RSS feeds with HTTP digest and basic authentication
• iCloud sync with CloudKit
• Multiple Reader view engines
• Supports RTL articles
• Background app refresh
• Spotlight indexing with images
• 3D Force
• Handoff, pick up where you left off
• Notifications with images
• Retina support
• Dynamic Type support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
If you have any questions or need support on News Explorer, then browse to https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html, email us at [email protected] or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via [email protected] If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!