Disney Interactive Media Group released a free, ad-supported app for the iPhone and iPod Touch today. Walt Disney Company has several products in the App Store; some free, some paid, all aimed at a “very specific demographic… kids and moms.”
Disney.com reportedly receives 31 million mobile visits a month and ranks first for mobile entertainment sites. The new app, called Disney.com, is available now in the App Store for free. It takes advantage of the App Store’s new in-app purchase feature to give users access to Disney’s seventeen-or-so other apps.
Disney.com also features:
* Disney at your fingertips – instant access to the latest Disney news and
* Characters – interact with hundreds of Disney`s most popular characters
through customizable photo frames and audio greetings that can be customized by
* Music – listen to Radio Disney live, play “Name that Song,” watch music videos
and purchase the latest Disney music from the iTunes Store.
* Videos – watch new featured and original videos each week including
Disney.com`s “Backstage Pass” and “Spotlight” segments.
* Games and My Disney Apps – download and manage free and paid Disney games and other apps.
Disney’s Disney.com Vice President, Jason Davis, said the company recognizes its already huge Apple-device audience and are trying to offer their users “a unique content experience.” Any readers that stomach that much Disney content are encouraged to let us know what you think of the app in the comments section.