You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| December 1, 2009
How To: Post A Map Of Your GPS Track To Your Blog
Have you ever wanted to share a map of your GPS tracks on your blog? With a few apps on your iPhone you can do just that! In this tutorial we will be using the following apps: MotionX GPS Sport, Mail, Safari, and any mobile blogging app of your choice. So lets get started! Step 1: Record your GPS track using MotionX GPS Sport
- launch MotionX GPS Sport and start your track. Once your track is complete, tap save
Step 2: Email the saved track to yourself
- Navigate to the Logbook page and tap on the Tracks tab. Here you will see a list of all your saved tracks.
- Tap on the track you most recently saved and tap Share Track Now
- Enable Email Sharing and enter your email in one of the lines below then tap Share.
Step 3: Copy & Paste track info from mail to your mobile blog app
- Launch your mail app and browse to the email you just sent. it will be from email@example.com
- Copy all the track information to your clipboard starting with track name and ending with the longitude.
- Start a new blog in your mobile blogging app and paste this info into the body.
- for our next step, we will be exiting the blog app so we want to save the post as a draft for now so we don't lose our work
- Tap Save in the upper right corner and then tap Save Draft Only. You can now exit the app
Step 4: Copy and Paste a google map link of the track to your blog
- Exit your mobile blogging app and Launch the same email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you scroll down you will see a part of the email that says "Click on this link to display the track..." Tap on the link and it will launch the map in safari.
- Copy the URL link of the webpage and launch your mobile blogging app once more to paste the link into the body.