William and Catherine’s wedding has led to renewed interest in the British Royal Family. Now, a new book app arrives in the App Store called Kings and Queens by David Starkey. It is the perfect way to learn about all things royal going back centuries.
Released by HarperCollins Publishers, Kings and Queens explores the up-and-down history of the British monarchy, from its very beginnings to present day. It does so through a combination of timelines, family trees, and video. Most significantly, it includes abridged text from the critically acclaimed book, “Crown and Country.”
Take a look at this video:
The app features:
- Multiple navigation pathways enabling users to browse through timelines, tap into family trees and explore maps and historical themes.
- Extensive and exclusive video, allowing users to watch and listen to David Starkey at the same time as dipping in and out of the abridged text of Crown and Country.
- Curatorial input from historical experts and educational specialists from the British Library and the British Museum.
- Lavish illustrations, including high resolution images of monarchs and their times.
- Innovative technology that offers users a uniquely interactive multi-layered reading experience.
Released as a universal app, the $6.99 Kings and Queens by David Starkey is a tremendous value. It is available in the App Store.