You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| October 17, 2011
Here Are 10 Ways To Improve Battery Life On The iPhone 4S
The iPhone 4S has made it through its first weekend. With over 4 million new owners, there have been widespread reports of the new handset's battery underperforming Apple's expectations. While it makes sense for the iPhone 4S to use more power due to its new A5 processor, 8MP camera with 1080p HD video recording, and iOS 5, some may find its depletion rate to be a letdown, or even a potential deal breaker considering what Apple had promised. Thankfully, the folks at iDownloadBlog have come up with a list of 10 ways to improve battery life on your iPhone 4S:
- Turn off location services in Settings>Location Services and switch it to off for apps where location services aren't important. Having all your apps use GPS will quickly drain your battery.
- Turn off Wi-Fi when you aren't using it in Settings>Wi-Fi and switch it to off.
- Make sure Bluetooth is off in Settings>General>Bluetooth.
- Turn off push data in Settings>Mail, Contacts, and Calendars>Fetch New Data>and turn off push. Fetching data at longer intervals will give you some extra battery life. Even more so if you do it manually. Some apps, such as Facebook, have push notification settings in Setting>[Facebook]. The brackets indicate the app name,
- Turn off vibration in Settings>Sounds and switch Vibrate to off. This is more important if you get a lot of alerts throughout the day and don't need your phone on silent.
- Turn on Auto-Brightness in Settings>Brightness and switch Auto-Brightness to on.
- Keep Auto-Lock at 1 minute in Settings>General>Auto-Lock and select 1 Minute. This will turn off the screen if you forget to lock your phone.
- Turn off Cellular Data in Settings>General>Network and switch Cellular Data to off.
- Turn the Equalizer off in Settings>Music>EQ and selecting off.
- Restore your phone in iTunes.