All iPhoneography buffs take note! Orange Studio in Orlando, Florida has announced an exciting upcoming exhibit featuring photographs exclusively taken using smartphones and iDevices. The exhibit, entitled Depixtions, is free and open to anyone wishing to submit their iDevice photos.
Images must be submitted by Feb. 17 via the online submission form. Images chosen to be exhibited will be available for sale as prints. All the proceeds will benefit the charity New Hope For Kids, which helps children who are grieving the loss of a loved one or who are battling a life threatening illness.
The entry guidelines are simple, as stated on the Depixtions website:
- One entry per person
- The photo must be taken by the registrant. Images found to be copyrighted or from another person will be rejected from the show
- ALL submissions MUST be taken with your camera phone. You can use any phone application such as Instagram, Hipstamatic, etc. to ‘process’ your image if you’d like. Uploaded images taken with an SLR or regular cameras that are just filtered using apps will NOT be accepted.
- Photos must be in a square format with a minimum resolution of 600 x 600 at 72dpi and saved as a jpeg (.jpg). File sizes should not exceed 1MB.
- Images will be printed on 4″ x 4″ photo paper for use and display in the show.
- By submitting your entry, you grant us permission to print, display and sell the image for use in the show and any collateral.
The images that have been rolling in so far are a collective look at everyday life which should make the exhibit a fascinating event. So hurry up and enter! The deadline is just a few days away.
The Depixtions Exhibit opens on Saturday, Mar. 10 at 7:00 a.m. and is open to the public at the Orange Gallery located at 1121 N. Mills Ave., Orlando, FL.
Do you need some inspiration to get started? Check out our iPhoneography Applist. Do you have an image that would be perfect but is too dark or otherwise needs correction? Check out our review of PhotoForge2. If you want to plan an amazing shot that will blow away the competition you may want to look into The Wedding Photographer app.
So, how many AppAdvice readers are going to enter? If you do enter please post in the comments and add your entry for us to enjoy. If enough readers do it I will pester the AppAdvice Staff to join in too! Chat it up in the comments.