For the first time since it arrived, Apple’s own Cards app has received a significant update. Cards Version 1.1 arrived today in the App Store.
Available for free, Cards was first released at Apple’s iPhone 4S event last October. Using it, users can create and send physical cards to anyone in the world using only their iPhone/iPod touch and an Apple ID.
What makes Cards unique is that it uses an old-style letterpress technique with your 21st century digital text and photos.
Beginning today, there is now a Mother’s Day selection of cards to choose from, plus more cards in each of the app’s other categories. These include: Thank You, Get Well, Baby, Birthday, Love, Travel, and Holiday.
Each card is priced at $2.99 (to U.S. addresses) or $4.99 (international), which includes shipping costs.
Full Cards Version 1.1 features are:
- Beautiful letterpress cards for Mother’s Day
- New Get Well card designs
- Additional cards for birthdays, thank you and more
- Improves accuracy of envelope address verification
- Simplifies and improves the checkout process