You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| April 23, 2012
Clear, The Simple To-Do List App For iPhone, Gains 'Secret' Update
Realmac Software today announced the release of Clear Version 1.1 for the iPhone/iPod touch. The list-keeping app now includes a number of new features, including the ability to Shake to Undo, a new design for alerts, and new themes, among other improvements. First released in February, Clear is a to-do app that makes use of the natural multitouch gestures that are available on the iPhone. These include the ability to pull to create an item; swipe to complete; pinch to change a list; and pinch apart to create an item. Called the “secret update,“ Clear Version 1.1, includes the ability to shake your iPhone to undo your last command. In addition, RealMac has eliminated the app’s 30-character limit, so you can now type ‘til your heart’s content. Finally, as TouchArcade notes, Clear now includes three "secret" themes:
Three of the themes mirror the original set. There's a shameless self-promotion option, which rewards you with a theme for gifting Clear when prompted. It's called "Gifted." The Path theme is a reward for having Path installed, just like the theme for using Tweetbot. And then there's the self-improvement theme: Ultraviolet unlocks when you use the app each day for 7 days straight.Other themes include Heat Map, Graphite, Pretty Princess, Lucky Clover, and Theme Noir. Full Version 1.1 features include:
For more information about Clear, be sure to check out our original review from February. Clear is currently on sale for $0.99 in the App Store. Get you some!
- Shake to Undo: a popular request, and now all yours.
- Character Cap is now voluntary. With great power comes great responsibility…
- Secret Themes! How secret? So tantalizingly secret we can't say more.
- New option display the iOS status bar.
- Improved the tap-to-create-item behavior at the bottom of lists.
- 25% added inspiration (more quotes!)
- Shiny new design for alerts
- Fixed legibility in low-contrast situations with subtle text emboss
- Added the Clear tutorial to the Tips and Tricks menu
- Bug fixes