One of the most popular drawing apps for the iPad has received a significant update. ArtStudio 4.0 is available now in the App Store.
Released just days after the first iPad debuted in 2010, ArtStudio ($4.99) is a sketching, painting, and photo-editing tool for Apple’s tablet. With the latest version, the app hasn’t so much been updated as been completely redesigned.
The new version includes a redesigned interface and a new graphics engine. This combination is said to make ArtStudio faster and easier to use, regardless of your experience. Additionally, the app now supports larger images, more layers, and 300 brushes.
New features, according to the app’s What’s New page include:
- New UX
- Incredible performance boost
- Use as many layers as memory allows
- 300 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES (150 free, 150 paid) 20 groups in total
- Improved brush quality
- New text tool with text layers, use external TTF fonts (uploaded in iTunes)
- Many more brush settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, wetness, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- Curves adjustment
- Layer names
- Auto contrast/colors/white balance
- New filters: radial blur, motion blur, render clouds