Apple has released the first update to iOS 6. Version 6.0.1 is available now available OTA.
According to the change log, this update includes improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Fixes a bug that presents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
To download the update on your iOS device, you must have at least a 50 percent battery charge, or have your iOS device connected to a power cord.
To begin, go into the Settings app and go General > Software Update and then follow directions. Please note: iPhone 5 owners must hit “More Info” first in in order to install a download installer app.
Users can also download the update by connecting the iOS device to iTunes via a Mac or PC.