Contact apps, by their very nature, tend to be boring. However, the folks at OiGO Ltd hope to change this with their recently introduced Thread Contact app for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.
Available for $1.99, the universal app has a minimalist design that combines a user’s address book, Facebook, and Twitter contacts in one easy to use app. The app also includes a dialer (which they actually call a “dialler”) that for many might prove to be a worthy alternative to the one that comes standard with iOS.
Featuring a light blue on white background, Thread Contact arranges people by name, or service. Users can also setup contact groups for easier sorting. For example, you may want to create groups for friends, co-workers, or family.
As an added bonus, users can establish favorites so that they can be found quickly. Thread Contact also comes with a search feature. Here one can search by contact, Facebook, or Twitter names.
Full features include:
- User friendly interface designed for intuitive ease of use.
- Facebook and Twitter integration.
- Easy to create custom groups. Create personalised groups in Thread Contact for your friends, family, work colleagues etc.
- Filter contacts by type e.g. Facebook.
- Favorites – save Address Book, Facebook or Twitter contacts as favourites so you can message or contact them quickly.
- Simple, beautiful, dialler.
- Search by Contact, Facebook or Twitter names.
- All of your contacts in one place.
For those looking for a contacts app that doesn’t come with Apple’s fake-book design, consider Thread Contact. Not only is it easy to use, but it looks great too. It is available now in the App Store.