You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| February 6, 2013
Apple Seeds iOS 6.1.1 Beta To Developers
Apple has just released iOS 6.1.1 beta to developers. This beta is available for download on Apple's developer website. There aren't many notable changes aside from some updates to the Maps app, but Apple may use iOS 6.1.1 to patch the vulnerabilities used in the Evasi0n jailbreak. Remember, iOS 6.1 was just released a week ago. If we spot anything new, we'll be sure to let you know. Here are the release notes from Apple:
Overview iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:If you're a registered iOS developer, you can download the latest beta here in the iOS Developer Center.
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower