New generic top-level domains (gTLDs) are coming online this week including “.equipment,” “.estate,” “.gallery,” “.graphics,” and “.lighting.” The ones Apple is most interested in, however, are the ones ending in “.camera,” and “.photography,” according to MacRumors.
In recent days, a number of new domains have been registered by Apple, including:
- aperture.camera and aperture.photography
- apple.camera and apple.photography
- facetime.camera and facetime.photography
- imovie.camera and imovie.photography
- iphoto.camera and iphoto.photography
- isight.camera and isight.photography
- photobooth.camera and photobooth.photography
- retina.camera and retina.photography
Additionally, Apple has placed blocks to prevent registration of its own trademarks under the new gTLDs, including apple.estate and macbook.lighting.
As MacRumors also first reported, Apple recently registered a number of “.guru” domains. That gTLD is also new.