You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Bryan M. Wolfe
| February 6, 2014
Apple Is Buying New '.Camera' And '.Photography' Domains
New generic top-level domains (gTLDs) are coming online this week including ".equipment," ".estate," ".gallery," ".graphics," and ".lighting." The ones Apple is most interested in, however, are the ones ending in ".camera," and ".photography," according to MacRumors. In recent days, a number of new domains have been registered by Apple, including:
Additionally, Apple has placed blocks to prevent registration of its own trademarks under the new gTLDs, including apple.estate and macbook.lighting. As MacRumors also first reported, Apple recently registered a number of ".guru" domains. That gTLD is also new. See also: Apple Posts New Video Showcasing Burberry Runway Show Shot On iPhone 5s, and Apple, Samsung Draw Up A Refined List Of Infringed Patents Ahead Of Trial.
- aperture.camera and aperture.photography
- apple.camera and apple.photography
- facetime.camera and facetime.photography
- imovie.camera and imovie.photography
- iphoto.camera and iphoto.photography
- isight.camera and isight.photography
- photobooth.camera and photobooth.photography
- retina.camera and retina.photography