It’s tough for anyone to pass up free, am I right? Free drink, free snack, free massage, it doesn’t matter how good or bad as long as it’s free. In what is likely a powerful way to drive users to stop in to local businesses, Yelp has organized a new Check-In Offers system.
With the convenience of our iPhones, Yelp v4.5 allows a person to quickly find discounts and freebies from nearby retailers. You can get anything from a free beer to a discounted haircut, or even a couple free hours of a massage.
Just like many social-networking apps, Yelp simply requires you to be in the very near vicinity of the business and tap Check-In to redeem your offer. Just like the other Yelp business locating tools, you can view results using a map or in a more detailed list view. The feature requires the Yelp iOS app and signing up for a free Yelp.com account.
- Search for businesses near you using the iPhone’s built-in location finder
- Tap quick links to find nearby bars, restaurants, cafes and more
- Narrow your searches by ‘hood, distance, price, and what’s open now
- Browse reviews to read what’s great (and not so great) in your city
- Add Quick Tips, photos, and draft reviews for your favorite businesses
- Look up addresses and phone numbers for thousands of businesses, then call or map them from your iPhone
- Yelp does augmented reality with Monocle. Overlay business information onto the world around you
Yelp is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 3.0 or later. iPhone 3G or later recommended due to GPS and camera utilized features. Yelp is available as a free download in the App Store.