An update for WhatsApp Messenger is now available to download in the App Store.
The new version of the popular instant messaging application (2.6.5) now boasts several new features, and a variety of bug fixes have also been made – meaning WhatsApp Messenger is better than ever before.
As outlined in the app’s release notes, changes include:
- conversation font size change (Settings > Chat Settings > Font Size)
- display divider in group conversation to indicate new/unread messages for that group chat
- show recent group locations on the map together (via Group chat Info page > Recent Locations)
- various updates to media browser (date separators, ability to delete, etc.)
- custom notifications per group, with mute option
- fix crash in long URL handling in iOS 4 (bug #9860071)
- do not scroll to the bottom of conversation when new message arrives
- options to control audio note playback source (Earphones, Receiver or Built-in Speaker)
- improved “load earlier message” behavior
- voiceover fixes (reported by Rene Jaun and Marco Zehe)
- fix crash on inviting many contacts via email/sms (reported by @marcosjsramos on twitter)
- improve verification security (reported by Andreas Kurtz) and other various verification fixes
- Spanish localization fixes
However, the app’s developer notes that users running iOS 3.1 must not download the update yet.
If you’re not familiar with WhatsApp Messenger, the $0.99 application allows users to send instant messages, including pictures, video and sound files, to friends from an iPhone handset. The service itself is cross-platform, meaning your BlackBerry OS and Android using friends can download a version of the app, too. Personally, I’ve been using WhatsApp Messenger for a long time now, and it’s always worked well.
Take a look at the latest version of the app now. As mentioned, WhatsApp Messenger is available to download in the App Store for $0.99.