You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| September 24, 2011
WordPress App Gets An Update - Enhances Content Editor, Adds Full Screen Mode And More
The popular WordPress iOS app received an update yesterday, adding a "feature-rich content editor" and a full screen editing mode. Furthermore, users can now follow their favorite blogs from within the universal application, and it's easier than ever before to upload images from within the app. As outlined in the application's release notes, changes made in the latest version (2.9) include:
The app allows users to manage their WordPress blog on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. In the past, the application has been criticized for its poor functionality. However, it would appear that WordPress is working hard on adding as many features as possible to the free app, which is great. Currently, WordPress is available to download in the App Store for free. Take a look at the recently updated application now, and let us know your thoughts in the comments. [via MacStories]
- A Feature-Rich Content Editor. Now you can easily format text, make bulleted lists, create links, and do all kinds of other fancy stuff. (It’s about time, right?)
- Full Screen Editing. No more teeny-weeny content editor — now you can view more text at a time while you post on the go.
- Reading Made Easy. Keeping track of your favorite blogs has never been easier. Browse all the latest posts on blogs you follow in one place, right from your iPhone.
- Quick Photo will now use the post format for images (if your theme supports it).
- You can now post pictures that you’ve already taken with Quick Photo.
- Your stats referrer links and comment links can now be opened right from this app.