You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| November 8, 2011
Apple Store iOS App Gets A Major Update - Adds Personal Pickup, EasyPay And Tracking
Apple has just updated its "Apple Store" iOS application, adding three major features: Personal Pickup, EasyPay and tracking. Personal Pickup allows users to purchase an item from the Apple Online Store and pick it up from an Apple Retail Store. Apple notes in the application's release notes that "[m]ost in-stock orders are available for pickup within an hour." EasyPay lets users scan a product's barcode in an Apple Retail Store, and pay for the item within the application using an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S. For obvious reasons, this feature can only be used when purchasing accessories. And with tracking, users can keep an eye on orders they've placed through the Apple Online Store from within the iOS app's "More" tab. Further changes made in the application include support for Canada and China, and the application now requires a minimum of iOS 4.2. Furthermore, we should note that both Personal Pickup and EasyPay are U.S. only features (for now). Here's the appropriate section from the app's release notes, which details the changes made in full:
You can download the Apple Store iOS app in the App Store now. It's currently available for free.
- Personal Pickup: Buy in the app and choose to pick up your order at any Apple Retail Store. Most in-stock orders are available for pickup within an hour. (U.S. only)
- EasyPay: Purchase select accessories in store quickly by scanning the barcode and completing your transaction right in the app. (U.S. only, requires iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S)
- Track your stuff: View the status of current and previous orders from the order status section in the More tab.
- Additional international support (Canada, China).
- Requires iOS 4.2 or higher