Introduced mid-2011, Crimson‘s Aluminum Frame Case was definitely an intriguing entry to the iPhone case market. The AFC’s minimal design and anodized metal finish strongly caught the attention of iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S owners. And after such a quick escalation in popularity, Crimson was proud to unveil three new anodized color choices and two stunning finishes at this year’s Macworld / iWorld Expo.
Before this week, the AFC was available in four color choices: black, red, silver, and gold. Silver is available in both standard and polished looks, while gold is strictly a polished appearance. Now customers can choose any of the previous offerings or accent their iPhone 4 / 4S with a pink, purple or orange anodized AFC. A bigger selection is usually better overall, although, the new color options will probably pull in more female buyers.
The company has decided to go beyond just anodizing the metal for a nifty personalized appearance. Also introduced at Macworld / iWorld 2012 were two new finishes: dipped chrome and 24K gold plated AFCs. I can hear the fist bumps now. These new shimmering beauties are one of the best ideas if you want to pimp out, as well as protect, that new iPhone. The chrome goes for $59.95, whereas the 24K version will set you back $69.95.
Aluminum Frame Cases feature:
• Precision CNC machined aircraft-grade aluminum frames
• Engineering-grade resin corner guards with EVA foam for a snug fit on all models
• Durable anodized or polished finishes
• Stainless steel screws
• Unobstructed access to all ports, controls, and camera
• Weigh only 19 grams
• Work with all GSM and CDMA iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S models
Each AFC package includes:
• Aluminum Frame Case with corner guards
• Hex wrench and 2 spare screws
• Microfiber cleaning cloth
• Bonus: Premium Anti-Fingerprint Surface Protector set for front and rear
The Aluminum Frame Case for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S is available for purchase in Crimson’s online store at a starting price of $39.95.