You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| February 6, 2012
SlideShark iPad App Updated: Adds Support For SlideShark Team Edition
SlideShark has recently updated its free iPad PowerPoint presentations app, adding support for a new collaborative online service called SlideShark Team Edition. Further changes include the ability to earn free storage via friend referrals, auto-advancing slides and sleep mode is now disabled on the iPad while the application is in use. As outlined in a press release which hit our inbox recently, here's how SlideShark introduces its new collaborative feature:If you sign-up to the service now, SlideShark is offering new users a 60-day free trial. Following this, the service will cost $149 per user per year. The iOS application itself - SlideShark: PowerPoint Presentations on the iPad - is available to download in the App Store free of charge.
Now, with SlideShark Team Edition, groups within organizations – such as sales teams – can apply SlideShark’s functionality on a wider scale and take advantage of new features that support centralized, secure content management.Features of SlideShark Team Edition include:
- Shared team content – Users can securely access, view and present PowerPoints that authorized administrators and team members have uploaded and designated for shared use.
- Personal user content – Individual team members can upload their own PowerPoint decks to SlideShark and convert them to an iPad-ready format for their own personal access and viewing.
- Central management – Team account administrators have the ability to add or remove users, change user permissions, manage billing centrally and assign administrative controls.
- Usage analytics – Account administrators can view online and download reports that show which users are accessing and viewing content, and which presentations are most and least popular.
- Team storage – Teams benefit from plenty of space for shared team content and personal user content, with 5GB of total storage plus more as required.
- Reliability and security – As with SlideShark, SlideShark Team Edition users take advantage of Brainshark’s highly secure, reliable and scalable enterprise-class cloud computing infrastructure.