You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| February 28, 2012
The LifeProof Case For iPhone 4 And 4S Gives Complete Protection Without The Bulk
I spend a lot of time looking at iPhone cases. It's difficult finding one that offers the right amount of protection without taking away from the sleek aesthetics of my iPhone 4S. Then I found the LifeProof case, which apparently provides the freedom to surf, swim, snowboard, sing in the shower, and work on construction sites - just to name a few things. That's my life in a nutshell. Some of the LifeProof case's features include:
- Protects against every-day hazards—full IP-68 rating against water and dust, and designed to Military Specifications
- High degree of shock and impact protection—tested to Military Specifications MIL-STD-810F-516.5 (2 meters/6.6ft drop on all surfaces and edges. 26 tests)
- Fully sealed protection against minute dust particlesFull Functionality
- Double AR-coated optical glass lenses provide unprecedented crystal-clear photo and video quality
- All phone features are operational while maintaining a high level of protection
- Improves the bass and mid-frequency speaker response by utilizing the back of the case as a sub-woofer for a richer, fuller sound.
What I like most about this case is that it doesn't add too much bulk like Otterbox cases, plus it protects against water. In fact, this case only adds 1.5mm to the overall thickness of the iPhone. LifeProof also offers a bike mount, belt clip, and GoPro mount that are all compatible with the case. Sadly, the case is priced at $79.99, which is pretty steep for a standalone case. However, some may find that the price is worth it, given its functionality. If you're interested, you can check out the full specs and features at the LifeProof website. It looks like they're planning to release a LifeProof case for iPad 2, but with the iPad 3 launching soon, that may be a bad idea.