Mr. Reader, a great RSS app for the iPad, has received a set of new features in an update today.
Probably the biggest addition to Version 1.9 of the app is the ability to support multiple Google Reader accounts. Tapping the email address of the currently logged-in user opens the user manager dialog box.
The update also adds SendTab as a new service to open article websites on other devices. Users can also now open articles in the Opera Mini and Sleipinir browsers.
Mr. Reader also strengthens its social networking integration as devices with iOS 5 or higher use the integrated Twitter framework.
Here’s the entire list of improvements:
• Article Viewer: Auto-hyphenation of words can be activated in the ‘Article View’ settings
• Article Viewer: Adjust the line height in the “font” dialog
• Article Viewer: tapping on the article title opens the original website
• Article Viewer: added a history back button to the Thumbpad (only visible when a history exists)
• Article Viewer: fast thumbpad users or users with thick thumbs get an info when they have reached the end
• Article Viewer: added the entries Open and Copy Link URL to the menu when you use tap and hold on an image that is also a link. As one example, this can be used on an RSS icon to copy the feed URL to the clipboard.
• Article Viewer: expanded the hit area of the navigation buttons
• Article Viewer: new option to define if the button to close the article viewer should be shown on left or right side
• Article Viewer: new option to define the Thumbpad buttons arrangement
• Article Viewer: new option to disable the confirmation dialog shown when you tap on a link that opens another App (App Store App etc.)
• Search: the articles table now shrinks automatically in portrait mode when you start typing your search
• Search: when you open the search, the focus is now automatically set in the search field
• When you force a favicons reload, favicons are now displayed immediately
• Error sounds added when any services fails
• Buffer: added the shared URL Shortener configuration to the Buffer settings
• URL Shortener: abandoned the cumbersome API key solution for bitly, you can now sign in with your username and password
• New option in Miscellaneous to display the last synchronization date absolute or relative (relative is the new default)
• When you open a folder you can show “All Items” or only the “Unread Items” (<- NEW) of this folder
• New option in ‘Miscellaneous’ to define if the folders should be shown above or below the feeds
• Articles table: starred or tagged feed items that are older than the set ‘keep read items’ value are now hidden
• Updated to the April 24, 2012 Facebook SDK
Mr. Reader is iPad only and $3.99 in the App Store. What RSS reader do you use on your iOS device?