Released in November 2011, TripAdvisor’s City Guides app is a free travel companion to help tourists discover and reach the best attractions, restaurants, and more of the most popular destination cities in the world. Today, the coverage more than doubled with nearly thirty new cities available to explore.
As of v2.3, the latest release prior to today, Offline City Guides covered 20 bustling locations around the world, such as San Francisco, Las Vegas, New York City, London, Paris, Rome, Beijing, Tokyo, and Sydney. In v2.4, TripAdvisor has added 28 new cities across multiple regions at no additional cost, including the expansion into Canada, South America, Africa, and the Middle East.
- North America – Austin, Miami / Miami Beach, Montreal, New Orleans, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Seattle, Toronto, and Vancouver
- South America – Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro
- Europe – Athens, Budapest, Dublin, Edinburgh, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Prague, and Vienna
- Asia and Pacific – Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Singapore, and Taipei
- Middle East and Africa – Dubai, Istanbul, and Marrakech
Just like the previous entries, you can choose which cities to download for offline viewing, greatly reducing roaming data access charges because you can stick to Wi-Fi, and take advantage of all kinds of information. Each city guide includes general information about the area, maps, photos, self-guided tours, plus searching for attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, and shopping.
TripAdvisor Offline City Guides is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, 32GB and 64GB third generation iPod touch, fourth generation iPod touch and newer running iOS 4.0 or later, and available in the App Store as a free download.