Like its big brother, the iCade, iCade Mobile aims to enhance your iOS gaming sessions by providing you with a four-way directional pad, four front-facing buttons, and four shoulder buttons to play your games with. That sounds much better than obscuring your view with on-screen controls, doesn’t it?
After popping your iPhone or iPod touch into the cradle, the iCade Mobile uses Bluetooth to pair to your iDevice. After that, you’re good to go.
More features of the iCade Mobile include:
- Fun and fast mobile gaming for your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Adds physical buttons and d-pad to make your gaming experience better
- Rotating cradle allows for landscape and portrait viewing
- Connects using wireless Bluetooth technology (set up once and you’re good to go!)
- Works with over 100 games and apps (search “iCade” in the app store)
- Ergonomic design lets you play for hours in comfort
- True control with eight action buttons and two-axis directional pad
- Compatibility: iPod Touch (3rd & 4th Gen), iPhone 3/3G/3GS/4/4S
- iPod Touch Insert included
- Batteries: 2 x AA (included)
The iCade Mobile will set you back $69.99, plus the cost of the games you intend to play with it.
Would you spend this much on an iPhone gaming accessory? Perhaps it’s time for Apple to make that iController already …