Announced earlier this year and released in July, Fieldrunners 2 was totally worth the wait. However, the summer launch was only for iPhone and iPod touch, And now, six weeks later, iPad owners can finally get their hands on Fieldrunners 2 HD.
As you would expect and have likely read about by now, the sequel includes additional enemies, towers, gameplay modes, greatly improved graphics, and AI enhancements. To give you a quick overview, here are the key features of noted by Subatomic Studios:
- Retina display support for gorgeous artwork!
- Tons of levels – hours of action!
- 25 unique, upgradable weapons!
- Revolutionary AI – stunning realism!
- Pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
- Air strikes, mines, and powerful items!
- Time Trial, Sudden Death, and Puzzle maps!
- Trenches, bridges, and tunnels!
- Elite enemy types!
- Pint sized invaders seeking revenge!
- A tower that launches bee hives!
That’s definitely a great package, although, iPad owners get even more content. Exclusive to Fieldrunners 2 HD are the Cannonball, Zap, Slow Link, and Machine Gun towers, plus iCloud integration and one-and-a-half hours of developer commentary. Pretty sweet, right?
Even though it didn’t make it the Fieldrunners 2 v1.1, game data backup and synchronization is indeed coming to iPhone and iPod touch to provide seamless play among all of your iDevices.
Fieldrunners 2 HD is compatible with iPad running iOS 3.2 or later, and available in the App Store for $7.99.