It has been nearly two months since Galaxy on Fire 2 fans were provided with initial footage and a promise September for the Supernova add-onk. As promised, Supernova is now available in the iOS and Mac App Store, along with several other additions and improvements.
To recap, here is the list of content for Supernova:
- An epic new storyline with more than 10 hours of action-packed sci-fi gameplay
- Eight new spaceships (incl. Most Wanted Ships)
- Dozens of new weapons, power-ups and commodities (incl. cluster missiles and gamma shields)
- New mission types and gameplay modes (e.g. bounty hunting, plasma collecting, hacking)
- Seven new star systems (incl. the spectacular Supernova systems)
- New capital ships and structures (e.g. Vossk Battlecruiser and Mido Mining Plant)
The Supernova add-on is available via in-app purchase for $6.99 on iOS and $14.99 on OS X with a combo pack of both Valkyrie and Supernova available for $9.99 on iOS and $19.99 on OS X.
Even if you aren’t interested in the add-ons, there are numerous other goodies to enjoy. Galaxy on Fire 2 v1.1.6, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD v1.1, and Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD include a Supernova Challenge gameplay mode, the Gryphon from Galaxy on Fire, six special ships for Kaamo Club members, four new weapons, the ability to customize ships, and a Kaamo Club VIP Card.
Galaxy on Fire 2 is a universal app designed for iPad, iPhone 3GS, 32GB and 64GB third generation iPod touch and newer running iOS 4.0 or later, and available in the App Store for $4.99. Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is a universal app designed for iPhone 4S, fifth generation iPod touch, second generation iPad and newer running iOS 4.0 or later, and available in the App Store for $4.99.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD is compatible with 2009 and newer Macs equipped with 1GB or more of RAM and running OS X 10.6.6 or later, and available in the Mac App Store for $19.99. Full features and best performance require at least a Mac with Intel Core processor at 3GHz, 4GB of RAM, 256MB of graphics memory, and OS X Lion.