Airtight Games, the developer behind the popular console video game Quantum Conundrum, has recently branched into mobile with a new studio aptly named Airtight Mobile. Now, Airtight Mobile has made its debut in the App Store with the newly released Pixld.
Naturally, Pixld is pixelated. But its retro-inspired graphics are done in the service of a “classic puzzle gameplay with a big twist.”
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
The twist here is that when you tap a tile, its color changes and the color of every adjacent tile changes as well. This twist is applied in various ways through the game’s five different modes:
- Race against the clock for high scores in 60SEC
- Experience the block-based bliss of TAP4EVR
- Squeeze every last point out of 50TAPS
- Surmount greater and greater challenges in LEVLD
- Survive the heart-pounding tension of MUSTMATCH
Compatible with both iPhone and iPad, but not yet optimized for iPhone 5, Pixld is available now in the App Store for $0.99.