For 65 years, “Goodnight Moon” has helped send children to sleep with its whimsical combination of captivating rhymes and appealing illustrations. Now, the classic bedtime storybook is making like a cow jumping over the moon with its leap toward iOS.
The storybook, written by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Clement Hurd, has just been adapted into an interactive app for iPhone and iPad.
The new Goodnight Moon app is made by none other than A Charlie Brown Christmas and PopOut! The Tale of Peter Rabbit developer Loud Crow Interactive. As such, the new app is filled with neat features that really take advantage of the capabilities of iOS as a storytelling platform.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Goodnight Moon for iOS includes the following key features:
- Goodnight Moon features over two hundred touchable objects, animations and hidden interactions to discover.
- Drag and pop your favorite toys off the page.
- Personalize your copy of Goodnight Moon with additional photobooth, printing and sticker book features.
- This book belongs to… Write your name in the book to make it yours.
- Magnify the original illustrations and discover hidden objects in our unique Spyglass Dream mode.
- Jump to any page in the book with our handy table of contents
- Hear individual words spoken with the tap of a finger.
- Enjoy the book read with calm and captivating narration, set to a charming piano soundtrack. Or, read the book in Read Myself and Autoplay modes.
Set to be have a regular price of $4.99, Goodnight Moon for iOS is available now in the App Store for the special introductory price of only $2.99. Download it now and start saying, “Goodnight room. Goodnight moon. Goodnight iPad. Goodnight iPhone … ”