Etsy, the official iOS client of the popular e-commerce site of the same name, is now available for iPad. Prior to this point, the only way to get Etsy on the tablet was through third-party apps such as I Heart Etsy. The Etsy 2.2 version also includes a number of new tools for iPhone users.
Launched on the Web in 2005, Etsy focuses on handmade or vintage items, as well as arts and craft supplies. To date, the service has over 800,000 active shops and 20 million customers.
The Etsy app, which launched for iPhone in 2011, now includes:
- iPad: Now optimized for iPad. Browse gift guides, seasonal trends, and community favorites. Watch videos and read about new trends on Etsy
- iPhone: Buy and use gift cards
- Known issues: iPad version not yet available in other languages, can’t redeem or buy gift cards
- iPad: Seller stories are highlighted in About this Shop section
- iPhone: Create shipping notifications
You can download Etsy in the App Store.