More than 13 million people already use RunKeeper as their very own personal trainer in their pocket. Now, the popular iPhone app has been updated just in time for the start of 2013. Originally launched for iOS in 2009, RunKeeper offers GPS tracking for running, walking, and cycling.
RunKeeper 3.0 includes a completely redesigned interface, plus a few performance enhancements.
- Add an end of activity photo and share your glory with friends
- Sign up for RunKeeper’s Elite membership right from the app
- Broadcast your activities live right from the start screen (requires Elite)
- Tracking accuracy improvements for iOS6
- Tons of stability, performance and usability improvements
Once priced as high as $9.99, RunKeeper went free in 2010 and has remained there ever since. It is available for download in the App Store.
See also: Apps To Ring In The New Year.