As it happens, Autodesk FormIt’s first ever update is also its big 2.0 update.
Autodesk FormIt is an app that lets you lay out building design concepts anytime and anywhere inspiration strikes.
Obviously, the app is of great use to you if you actually design buildings for a living. But even if you don’t, Autodesk FormIt is nonetheless an interesting app to foster your creativity in building structures.
The app offers a variety of features, including a gallery of shapes, location-aware shadow effects, and cloud storage for designs.
And its features have just been enhanced and augmented through its 2.0 update, which brings the following:
- Support for metric units
- Cloud conversion to Autodesk Revit: supports Metric or Imperial, depending on sketch setting
- Imprint closed shapes on faces and push them in to make solid cuts
- Grid and snap settings adapt to current zoom level
- Rectangles can be drawn at angles to the grid
- Satellite images can be reloaded
- Redesigned sun-study popover takes up less space
- Gallery is a single scrollable page and can be sorted by name or date
- Sketches now display their name in the Gallery
- Fit to view has option to include a loaded image
- Help button now has an option to go to our support site
- We are now gathering anonymous usage data. This can be disabled from the About page
- Crash recovery: if there is a crash, you will be able to retrieve data on next load
- Various stability and bug fixes
Compatible with iPad running iOS 5.1 or later, Autodesk FormIt 2.0 is available now in the App Store for free.