You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| March 12, 2013
Get Into The Groove With This Newly Updated Smart Music Player
Almost a year after its arrival in the App Store, Groove 2 is no more. Now, before you shed tears over the apparent demise of this highly rated music player app, allow me to back up a bit. The name Groove 2 is no more. I repeat: only the Groove 2 name is no more. And in its stead is the app's new "numberless" and more descriptive name, Groove: Smart Music Player. Now isn't that a relief? To be sure, though, the name is not the only thing that's new with Groove: Smart Music Player. The name change is actually applied through the app's new update, which happens to apply the following improvements as well:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Optimized for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Groove: Smart Music Player (formerly known as Groove 2) is available in the App Store for $3.99. Actually, Groove 2 itself was the universal 2.0 version of what was originally called Groove for iPad, back when the app was compatible with iPad only. After its launch toward the end of March 2012 and prior to today, the app received only three notable updates. Here's to hoping Groove: Smart Music Player gets more regular updates to make it, well, an even smarter music player. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- iPad users now see large and beautiful images of artists (provided by Last.fm).
- Users can now navigate to albums directly from the artist detail screen.
- You can now share your playlists with your friends either on Twitter or Facebook and allow them to discover great new music.
- Groove now uses the built-in iOS Facebook dialog for sharing.
- Browsing screens now remember the last selected filter.