You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| March 12, 2013
Messaging App Line Updated With More Emoji Stickers Plus More Improvements
Last week, Path was significantly updated with private messaging and an in-app shop, both of which support stickers. Now, one of the first iOS messaging apps to offer stickers has been updated with, well, more stickers … and then some. I'm referring to Line, the instant messaging and free voice calling app developed by NAVER Japan Corporation. The app has recently received a new update that delivers a number of improvements. First, it brings not one, not two, but an entire set of 20 new emoji stickers featuring the zany Line characters. [caption id="attachment_391633" align="aligncenter" width="320"] Line[/caption] In addition, it introduces the following improvements:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 4.3 or later, the new version of Line is available now in the App Store for free. Note, though, that the new update appears to have corrupted the app's ability to properly display Arabic text. So, if you're using Line with its Arabic language support, I suggest you skip this update and wait for the working patch instead. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- New function to view all sent and received photos in list form at the chat-room.
- Audio messages can now be cancelled during recording and also be forwarded to other chat-rooms.
- Improved chat-room functionality: You can now start reading from the unread messages when you open a chat-room.
- Added a function to add URL links to the Timeline/Home, and Group Board features.
- Added a function to add stickers, emoji and kaomoji as comments to the Timeline/Home.