You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| May 29, 2013
Clothing Organization App Closet Outfitted With New Features Through 2.0 Upgrade
What can you expect to see when you open Closet, an app that has just received an update containing a set of improvements that is said to integrate four years of customer feedback? Well, you can expect to see a lot of changes, or in fashion parlance, a lot of alterations. Released way back in June 2009, Closet is all about "Clothing Organized." It lets you keep track of what's in your wardrobe, prepare a packing list for your next trip, and share your outfits with friends. Now, the app lets you do all of those and more through its 2.0 upgrade, which offers an interface that's completely redesigned in support of the following new features:
[caption id="attachment_422002" align="aligncenter" width="270"] Closet - Clothing Organized[/caption] Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later, Closet 2.0 is available now in the App Store. Closet previously cost as much as $4.99, but it's now free to download. Note, though, that it offers three types of in-app purchases, all of which are introduced through the update. There's a $1.99 in-app purchase that allows you to create multiple closets. There's a $2.99 one that removes both the item/outfit limits and the ads in the app. And there's a $5.99 in-app purchase that entitles you to all current and future upgrades, including theme packs and other premium add-ons. Unfortunately, if you had already bought Closet prior to the update, you are no more advantaged than new users. You still have to avail of these in-app purchases in order to take full advantage of the app. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- iPhone 5 and Retina support (finally).
- High-res photo support for your items.
- Bulk import for photos.
- Bulk camera capture for photos.
- Add items, outfits, and notes to the calendar.
- Add notes to your items and outfits.
- Add tags to your items and outfits.
- Add content quicker by accessing common options from the new main menu.
- Search/filter your categories, items, and outfits.
- Add subcategories.
- Rearrange items and outfits into any order you wish. Each category can have its own order for content.
- Share your items and outfits with the world using Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- See the cost-per-wear for individual items or whole outfits based on how much you wear them.
- Generally much easier and faster to create, edit, and find your content.